E12P6: Reciprocation

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 21]
{OST: "Maybe" by Lee Hae-Ri}

Soyeon examined the box some more.
Soyeon: Why is it flattened out though?
Namjoon: Oh, because I put it in my pocket.
Soyeon: Ah, why would you put it in your pocket though?
Namjoon: Um... to save on the plastic bag.
Soyeon chuckled softly.
Soyeon: Ah, I see.
Namjoon laughed nervously as he watched Soyeon read the little note stuck on the box that said, "Don't be sick, Soyeon-ah! 🥺". He cleared his throat loudly.

Namjoon: In that case, I'll head to my room first, alright? Have you had dinner?Soyeon shook her head

Soyeon shook her head.
Soyeon: I'm on a diet, so I don't really have dinner these days, oppa. What about you?
Namjoon: Ah, I've had cup ramyeon.
Namjoon pursed his lips.
Namjoon: I go on diets often too, but remember to take care of your health, alright?
Soyeon nodded with a smile as she shook the box in the air.
Soyeon: I will, oppa. Thanks again for this.
Namjoon smiled as he headed towards the stairs.
Namjoon: It's nothing, Soyeon-ah. Goodnight, see you tomorrow.
Soyeon smiled.
Soyeon: Goodnight, oppa.
Namjoon pointed up the stairs.
Namjoon: You're not coming up?
Soyeon hesitated.
Soyeon: Um... No, I'll just-
Soyeon pointed at the sofa.
Soyeon: I'll just hang around here for a while. You go up first, oppa.
Namjoon pursed his lips, watching Soyeon intently with his ears glimmering under the dim light from the kitchen.
Namjoon: You... You wanna talk?
Soyeon shook her head.
Soyeon: No, I just wanna be alone for a while. But thanks for the offer, oppa.
Namjoon: Okay then.
Namjoon looked like he didn't know where to look.
Namjoon: Goodnight.
Soyeon managed a smile.
Soyeon: Goodnight, oppa.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jungkook pouted, with tears in his eyes.
Jungkook: This hurts.
Jieun noticed, and quickly handed him a box of tissues.
Jungkook: He is always trying to draw closer to her, but she always pushes him away. I thought they were getting closer after the lunch, but Soyeon-ssi always ends up drawing the line somewhere.
Jimin: You can try to understand how she feels though. She's hurting too, they all are.
Seokjin wailed.
Seokjin: Why did the mood get so dark? I came on this show thinking it'd be fun... but it's so sad right now I feel like crying, and our Jungkook-ie sobbing in one corner isn't helping at all...
Jungkook sniffled and blew his nose loudly.

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 21]

Namjoon stood at the balcony of his room, looking down at the photograph in his hands - the selfie he took with Soyeon back at the restaurant, under the stars.
Namjoon: Ah...
There was a flashback of the scenes recorded earlier in the afternoon, when Namjoon rushed out of the house to get the medicine. He bought the cold medicine... and it came in a plastic bag.
Namjoon: This won't do, it looks too formal.
Namjoon purposely crushed the box a little and shoved it into his pocket, before facing the mirror.
Namjoon: Soyeon-ssi, I got this for you. I happened to be passing by the pharmacist and thought of you.
Namjoon shook his head as he broke out of character.
Namjoon: No, not like that. Mm...
Namjoon shoved the box back into his pocket, and practised his smile.
Namjoon: Soyeon-ssi! I noticed you sounded a little sick earlier, so I got this for you.
Namjoon frowned.
Namjoon: Not sincere enough. Ah-
Namjoon spotted a post-it note on the table by his bedside. He squatted down and scribbled a note.
Namjoon: Don't be sick, Soyeon-ah!
Namjoon smiled as he stuck the post-it note onto the medicine and admired it.
Namjoon: There we go.
Back in the present, Namjoon smiled sadly as he tucked the photograph in his back pocket and looked up at the full, round moon.