E13P2: Even Then

[JYP BOB, Heart Signal Day 28]
{OST: "Someday, The Boy" by Kim Feel}

Namjoon laughed bashfully.
Namjoon: Ya- thanks for that confidence-boost, Jackson-ah. But the guy is great too, I have to admit.
Jackson: How can anyone be better than you are?
Namjoon thought for a while.
Namjoon: At first I thought I was better too, and I even got into a face off with him once, when we were both slightly tipsy.
Jackson gasped.

Jackson: What did you tell him?Namjoon: I just said that I generally treated her better, and that I deserved her more than he did

Namjoon: I just said that I generally treated her better, and that I deserved her more than he did.
Jackson's jaw dropped.
Jackson: No, you didn't.
Namjoon: I wish I didn't too, but the truth is that I did. And I actually regret it.
Jackson: But if you've done it, why do you regret it?
Namjoon bit his lower lip as he thought for a while.
Namjoon: Maybe because, I realise that I may have said that all out of spite and jealousy?
Jackson pursed his lips, listening to his friend attentively.
Namjoon: I... I may feel inferior to him because I know he's the one she really likes.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Seokjin pouted.
Seokjin: No... Namjoon-ah...

[JYP BOB, Heart Signal Day 28]

Jackson: Are you really sure though? That she really likes him and not you?
Namjoon shrugged.
Namjoon: She looks at him in a way she never looks at me.
Jackson frowned.
Jackson: Namjoon-ah...
Namjoon forced a laugh.
Namjoon: Ya- I'm okay, you don't have to look at me like that. Regardless of what she thinks, I've already tried my best and I've already set my mind on her.
Jackson: You liked her since day one?
Namjoon shook his head.
Namjoon: Quite frankly, I went one entire round before I found her.
Jackson raised his eyebrows.
Jackson: Meaning?
Namjoon: This girl... she isn't my ideal type. You know the type I like-
Jackson: Ah, of course- those girls who have really fair clear skin, and who are more feminine.
Namjoon nodded.
Namjoon: This girl... initially, when I joined the house, she was the first one I spoke to. Off the bat, I felt like we connected emotionally.
Jackson: Oh?
Namjoon: Yeah, like... we're always on the same frequency. But maybe because she wasn't my ideal type, I didn't pursue her from the beginning.
Namjoon pursed his lips.
Namjoon: In the house, there are two other girls that really fit my ideal type-
Jackson: Really? Is Kim Chungha there?
Namjoon froze up at once.