E13P3: Provocation

[Outside Signal House,
Heart Signal Day 28]
{OST: "Sick" by MINSEO}

Jennie: I asked you on the first date, remember? I also told you about my concerns. I guess back then, I already knew-
Jennie let out a sad chuckle.

Jennie: It was never me, and that from the very beginning, it was always her

Jennie: It was never me, and that from the very beginning, it was always her. I actually asked you so many times back then, but it seemed like you yourself weren't aware too.
Jennie shrugged.
Jennie: Maybe part of the reason why I kept going was because I thought you might never realise your own feelings, that I would keep being able to fool you. But I was wrong - one day you realised, and there was no turning back from there.
Jennie sighed loudly as she glanced at Taehyung, who had nothing to say.
Jennie: But I just wanna tell you that... I have no regrets, oppa. I tried my best, and I did all I could. Whatever happens at the end, I'll be really happy for you.
Taehyung pursed his lips, not knowing what to say.
Taehyung: Mm.
Jennie: I said so much, and that is all you have to say to me?
Jennie laughed jokingly as she glanced at Taehyung.
Jennie: You're still cruel to the very end, oppa.
Taehyung bit his lower lip nervously.
Taehyung: Sorry, I just really don't have much to say. I'm just really sorry, and really thankful.
Jennie: Well- that's enough for me.
Jennie smiled as she watched Taehyung in silence for a while. Then she finally got to her feet.
Jennie: I heard from Chungha that on the last day, we have a chance to speak to anyone we want to speak to.
Taehyung nodded slowly.
Taehyung: I heard about that as well.
Jennie smiled a little.
Jennie: I thought that you might not come and look for me, so I thought I better take the chance to talk to you today.
Taehyung shook his head as he got to his feet as well.
Taehyung: Why would you think that way? Of course I'd go look for you.
Jennie smiled.
Jennie: Thanks, oppa. I really appreciate that you'd say something like that. But you can take that as a hint from me... not to come on Thursday.
Taehyung frowned.

Taehyung: Why?Jennie: I mean it

Taehyung: Why?
Jennie: I mean it.
Jennie laughed softly.
Jennie: I don't want you to mess with my head till the very last minute. That's just... not what I want.
Taehyung: O-Oh.
Taehyung bit bis lower lip.
Taehyung: Okay.
Jennie nodded slowly.
Jennie: But that's not the only reason, I guess another reason why I came to talk to you today... is because I kinda also wanted to differentiate you from the rest. You have been rather special to me during this entire time in the house after all.
Taehyung ruffled his hair awkwardly.
Taehyung: Ah, I see. Okay.
Jennie laughed at Taehyung's evident discomfort.
Jennie: Anyway!
Jennie gave Taehyung a friendly pat on the shoulder with a bittersweet smile.
Jennie: Please be happy, regardless of whatever you do. I'll be cheering for you from the sidelines... you know I'll always be your biggest fan, right?
Taehyung managed a smile.
Taehyung: Same here. We'll still be great friends, regardless of anything that happens. And I'm sure you'll find your own happiness soon, Jennie-ya.
Jennie nodded with a sad smile in her eyes. But she looked away, down at Yeontan, whom she patted gently.
Jennie: Goodbye.
Jennie stood up, gave Taehyung one last smile, and walked off, towards the house as the sun began to set.