E9P2: Tea Over Tea

[Signal Car, Heart Signal Day 14]
{OST: "There For You" by
Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan}

Hoseok waited patiently for Soyeon to buckle up in her seat.
Hoseok: Alright, shall we go?
Soyeon looked up and smiled.
Soyeon: Mm!
And so they headed off. The two had no problem chatting, as usual - they had plenty of common topics. But Soyeon seemed to have something on her mind.
Soyeon: Oppa, can I ask you something?
Hoseok glanced briefly at Soyeon.

Hoseok: Hm? Yeah, sure

Hoseok: Hm? Yeah, sure. What is it?
Soyeon: Well...
Soyeon pursed her lips, fiddling with her phone in her hands.
Soyeon: Actually, I'm curious why you'd ask me out so suddenly like that.
Hoseok raised his eyebrows and laughed.
Hoseok: Suddenly?
Hoseok glanced at Soyeon once more.
Hoseok: Why, am I not allowed to ask you out?
Soyeon laughed nervously as she shook her head.
Soyeon: No... that's definitely not what I meant and you know that, oppa. I mean, it's just that we haven't really hung out one-on-one before... so I was just curious why you'd suddenly...
Hoseok chuckled softly.
Hoseok: I wanted a chance to talk to you one-on-one today, is that an acceptable reason?
Soyeon raised her eyebrows in surprise.
Soyeon: Oh... I see...
Hoseok laughed.
Hoseok: I'm just kidding - actually, I just needed you help with something.
Soyeon: What?
Hoseok grinned.
Hoseok: You know how New Year's Day is around the corner... I just kinda wanted to get a little gift for someone...
Soyeon: Oh.
Soyeon thought for a while, before a small smile spread across her face.
Soyeon: Oh, I get it now.
Hoseok smiled shyly.
Hoseok: Yeah. You see, I'm not great at picking out presents for girls so I thought I could use some help from someone else.
Soyeon laughed.
Soyeon: Ah, I see. So that's why you didn't ask Chungha-unnie out instead... because the gift is for her.
Hoseok laughed as he shrugged a little.
Hoseok: Well... I don't know, maybe it's her, maybe it isn't.
Soyeon giggled.

Soyeon: Oppa, you're so obvious

[Heart Signal Panel]