E2P9: The Coffee Metaphor

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 2]

The girls gathered in Jisoo and Jennie's room later that night with their phones clutched nervously in their hands. Jisoo threw her phone onto the bed, covering her face as she let out a loud sigh.
Jisoo: Ah, I don't know anymore...
Jennie: Unnie, you okay?
Jisoo looked up.
Jisoo: Ah, yeah... I just...
Jennie smiled.
Jennie: Don't worry too much about it, just... I mean, it's just the second night, so whatever the result is, it doesn't matter. We haven't even been on our first date yet.
Jisoo sighed.
Jisoo: True.
Chungha laughed.
Chungha: It's still nerve-wrecking though... Is this gonna be the way it is every night all the way till we move out?
Jennie raised her eyebrows.
Jennie: You're nervous? I thought you wouldn't be though, didn't you receive a few text messages last night?
Chungha raised her eyebrows.
Chungha: How-? I mean, not saying that you're right but how did you know?
Jennie shrugged, chuckling lightly.
Jennie: I don't know, I just guessed so. Unnie, you seem very popular.
Chungha raised her eyebrows.
Chungha: Am I? I don't think so...
Soyeon: In my opinion, there are at least two guys who are interested in you, unnie...
Chungha's eyes widened.

Chungha: Hm, I'm doubtful about that

Jennie laughed.
Jennie: Ah, we'll see tonight I guess. Soyeon-ah, are you okay? You seemed really quiet earlier.
Soyeon pursed her lips.
Soyeon: Nah, I was just feeling a little down from something.
Jisoo: What is it?
Soyeon shook her head.
Soyeon: It's alright now.
Chungha placed a hand on her friend's shoulder.
Chungha: You know you can tell me anything, right?
Soyeon looked up and smiled.
Soyeon: I know. Thanks, Chungha-unnie.
Jennie: Was that why Namjoon-oppa brought you out to take a breather earlier?
Soyeon nodded slowly.
Soyeon: We talked a little.
Jennie grinned.
Jennie: How's he?
Soyeon smiled.
Soyeon: A great guy. I mean- they all are.
Jennie nodded.
Jennie: True. Have you guys decided who you're sending your message tonight?
The girls quietened down, trying to make up their minds.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jimin: It's nice to see them getting along well.
Jungkook: I guess they talk about who likes who really openly though. All of them look like they know Namjoon-ssi and Hoseok-ssi have feelings for Chungha-ssi.
Jieun: Well, except for Chungha-ssi though. She looks clueless as to who sent her those two messages on the first night. Maybe she might know Hoseok-ssi is one of them though.

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 2]
{OST: "Maze" by (G)I-DLE}

Meanwhile, in Namjoon and Taehyung's room, the atmosphere wasn't too... good.
Taehyung: Woah, hyung- Tonight's games were so fun, don't you think? The lie detector game was so- so-
Taehyung's voice trailed away as he turned around to look at Namjoon.
Taehyung: Hyung...?