E3P8: The Gift-Choosing Ceremony

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 3]

Dinner was over before they knew it, as the members all had fun talking about their puppies, hometowns and the like.
Soyeon: Ah, I had such a great dinner.
Jennie smiled.
Jennie: I'm so glad.
Jennie exchanged glances with Jisoo and Taehyung.
Jennie: Mm... now we have to nominate someone to wash the dishes, don't we?
Jennie nudged Taehyung under the table.

[Heart Signal Panel]

The panelists screamed.
Yoojung: Ya! Did y'all see that! She nudged him! She nudged him! That's exactly what I was talking about earlier!
Yoojung squealed and covered her mouth.

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 3]

Taehyung: Right! Hm... I propose, we get the two people who haven't cooked yet to do the dishes. Who are those who haven't cooked yet?
Namjoon and Yoongi put up their hands.
Taehyung: Oh- But I need to talk to Yoongi-hyung about something urgently, so I think we have to choose someone else.
Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows.
Yoongi: Me...?
Taehyung: Yeah, hyung.
Taehyung cued Jisoo in with his eyes.
Jisoo: Oh-? Then what about Hoseok-oppa? He's free, he can help with the dishes.
Namjoon and Hoseok were equally surprised.
Hoseok: Me?
Namjoon: Him?
Chungha: Actually if you guys don't wanna do it, I don't mind-
Jennie interrupted.
Jennie: No- No, Chungha! The girls have to pick the gifts, remember? For our dates.
Chungha laughed.

Chungha: Oh, right

Chungha: Oh, right. Silly me. I'm sorry then, I can't help.
Taehyung got to his feet.
Taehyung: So I guess it's Hobi-hyung and Namjoon-hyung then! Thanks guys!
Jisoo and Jennie got to their feet too, ushering a very confused Soyeon and an equally confused Chungha out of the dining room.
Jisoo: Thank you!
Chungha: Let me know if you need help-
Soyeon: Sorry for the trouble-
Jennie: Thanks!
Taehyung pulled a sleepy and confused Yoongi out of the dining room, despite him still munching on his last kimchi pancake.
Yoongi: Wha-
Taehyung: Hyung, it's important-
Then it was quiet. It was just Namjoon and Hoseok at the table, with plates surrounding them. They didn't make eye contact, but someone obviously had to make the first move.
Hoseok: So... shall we get started?