Epilogue (2): I Liked You First

{OST: "Walking the Wire" by Imagine Dragons}

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"It's me."

"Who?"

"You really don't know who I am?"

"I'm kidding-" Jennie said lightheartedly. "I do. You're Taehyung-oppa."

"Mm

"Mm." Taehyung pursed his lips, pacing back and forth. He lifted his eyes and saw Jisoo waiting in his car for him, and waved. She waved back, and he smiled. "I'm Taehyung-oppa."

"I see," Jennie said nonchalantly. "What is it?"

"You know what this is about."

"You're wrong though." Jennie let out a nervous laugh. "Because I don't."

"Mm, well..." Taehyung carried on, not knowing what to say to make Jennie feel better. "Regardless of what you're thinking right now... I just want you to know what an amazing human being you are. You will find someone that cherishes you the way you deserve one day... I'm so sure of it."

Jennie let out a doubtful chuckle. "We'll see about that."

Taehyung frowned. "Jennie-ya-"

"Jisoo-unnie must be waiting for you," Jennie said softly. "Don't keep her waiting now."

"Jennie-ya."

"Goodbye, Kim Taehyung," Jennie said, hesitating a while before continuing

"Goodbye, Kim Taehyung," Jennie said, hesitating a while before continuing. "I really... really liked you."

Taehyung pursed his lips, wondering what to say. But he didn't need to say anything back at that moment, because Jennie put down the phone and all that rang in his ears was a beeping tone. And though Jennie didn't show it, he knew - he knew how much it hurt to love someone and not have it reciprocated. He knew full well.