E9P9: Surprise

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 14]
{OST: "In The End" by Yun Ddan Ddan}

Namjoon stood at the balcony, looking out into the sky. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a palm-sized polaroid and looked down at it.

 He reached into his pocket and pulled out a palm-sized polaroid and looked down at it

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jungkook: Oh-? That's the one Soyeon-ssi and him took at the pizza restaurant.
Jieun: Oh! You're right.

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 15]

Namjoon smiled a little, before he let out a deep sigh and put the polaroid back into his back pocket, once again lifting his eyes up to the star-filled night sky.
Taehyung: Hyung-
Namjoon turned around just as Taehyung entered the room and came to join him at the balcony.
Namjoon: Oh- Taehyung-ah. Where did you go?
Taehyung smiled giddily as he shrugged.
Taehyung: Just... to get a breather.
Namjoon pursed his lips, hesitating slightly before he continued.
Namjoon: I'm sorry about earlier... I really shouldn't have raised my voice at you like that. I was just a bit concerned about Jennie because... she looked really crushed, you know what I mean?
Taehyung nodded slowly.
Taehyung: I know where you were coming from, hyung. I'm sorry for raising my voice at you earlier as well. To be honest, you were right. I was slightly insensitive towards her just now... I shouldn't have acted so defensively.
Namjoon smiled as he patted Taehyung on the shoulder.
Namjoon: So... what are you gonna do now?
Taehyung bit his lower lip, his smile slowly fading from his face.

Taehyung: Actually

Taehyung: Actually... hyung, I think I finally figured out my feelings today.
Namjoon stared at Taehyung blankly for a few seconds, before the corners of his lips curled upwards to form a smile.
Namjoon: Sure took you long enough. You going full speed again from now?
Taehyung nodded firmly, a small smile playing at his lips.
Taehyung: It's full speed ahead.
Taehyung paused.
Taehyung: Actually... I just met her downstairs.
Namjoon raised his eyebrows.
Namjoon: Who?
Taehyung ignored his question, because the answer was pretty obvious. He smiled a little as he carried on.
Taehyung: We talked... and everything is clear now. I'm really happy.
Taehyung let out a relieved chuckle as he looked up at the sky.
Taehyung: Ah! I feel like a whole burden has just been taken off my shoulders! I was getting really confused about how I felt... and today gave me the perfect answer.
Namjoon smiled a little.
Namjoon: Well... because I see you so often everyday, be it at home or even at the company, I could see the toll it was taking on you. I'm glad to see you've finally made up your mind, Taehyung-ah.
Namjoon's expression became serious suddenly.
Namjoon: But back to...
Namjoon bit his lower lip.
Namjoon: -her... what are you gonna do?
Taehyung immediately understood who Namjoon was referring to. He just let out a deep sigh as he shrugged.
Taehyung: Frankly, I have no idea, hyung. What do you think I should do? I think I made things quite awkward between us and I'm not sure if she'll appreciate me going to talk to her about it...
Namjoon: I'll help you.
Taehyung raised his eyebrows.
Taehyung: What?
Namjoon: Test the waters, I mean. I'll talk to her and  see what her condition's like. And I'll get back to you.
Taehyung smiled gratefully.
Taehyung: You'll really do that for me, hyung?
Namjoon smiled.