E8P9: Sad Lyrics

[MAMA, Heart Signal Day 13]
{OST: "We Don't Talk Anymore"
by Charlie Puth & Selena Gomez}

The smile on Jennie's face faded a little.

Taehyung: You're okay with that, right? The two of us, Jisoo and Namjoon-hyung

Taehyung: You're okay with that, right? The two of us, Jisoo and Namjoon-hyung... I think it'll be fun.
Jennie forced a smile.
Jennie: Oh- sure! Of course, the more the merrier.
Taehyung pursed his lips, unsure of whether Jennie truly meant what she said.
Taehyung: You sure? You don't mind it not being just the two of us, right?
Jennie let out an awkward laugh.
Jennie: Yeah, sure, why not? It's like a double date kind of thing. Namjoon-oppa and you are good friends, Jisoo-unnie and I are good friends... it's gonna be fun.
Taehyung raised his eyebrows.
Taehyung: You sure?
Jennie smiled as she handed one ticket back to Taehyung and got up from her seat abruptly.
Jennie: Yeah, of course. I think you better go, oppa. Your members must be waiting for you. Jisoo-unnie must be waiting for me to go home too.
As Taehyung headed towards the door, he turned back one more time to look at Jennie.
Taehyung: You sure you're alright with this arrangement?
Jennie nodded and smiled at him.
Jennie: Yes, of course. You know me, oppa, if I have something I'm unhappy about, I'll have problems hiding it. But I'm completely fine now, ain't I? So don't worry about me and go.
Taehyung shrugged.
Taehyung: That's true. Tomorrow's gonna be really fun. See you later, Jennie-ya.
Jennie smiled and waved as Taehyung headed out of the door.
Jennie: See you later, oppa.
Once the door closed, the smile on Jennie's face faded and she slumped to the sofa. She stared at the ticket in her hand for a whole minute, before burying her face in her hands. As she heard her members opening the door and entering the room once more, she looked up and adjusted her hair, put on a huge smile and got to her feet.
Jennie: Let's go home, girls!

[Heart Signal Panel]

Seokjin: Woah. That last part, that was scary. It gave me chills.
Byulyi: Right? I thought the same thing. The way she was able to put on a front for Taehyung, be herself for a few minutes, and put on another false front for her members again... that's really not easy.
Jungkook: I think k-pop idols are all used to doing that and quite frankly, it takes a lot of energy.
Jieun: That's what makes so many of them have such poor mental health. Even after putting a front for people, many still criticise them in so many different areas. It's really draining and frankly, quite impossible for me.
Jimin: All of them... their lives really aren't easy.
Yoojung nodded in agreement.
Yoojung: For real. It sure takes a lot of determination and mental strength to be able to make it to the top.

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 13]

At night, the girls and guys were hanging out in their own room, getting ready to send their messages and got to bed. In Soyeon and Chungha's room, Chungha lay on her bed with a facial mask on her face, while Soyeon sat on her bed, strumming at her ukulele.