E10P5: Campfire Thoughts

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 15]
{OST: "Sleepless Night" by Crush ft. Punch}

Jennie: How did you get back on your feet, oppa?
Soyeon piped in.

Soyeon: Yeah, I'm curious too, since I often encounter slumps as well

Soyeon: Yeah, I'm curious too, since I often encounter slumps as well... though for not as long as a month - usually it lasts about a week or two. How did you snap out of it, oppa?
Namjoon shrugged and chuckled softly.
Namjoon: Well, for sure it wasn't just a snap out of it situation. It was gradual - it was more of me trying to shift my focus onto what really mattered. When writing a song, I began focusing less on what the song's purpose was going to be - how it could be used in our album, how the concept worked, and all that. I just channeled my energy and focus into writing songs for myself, my members and our fans. I guess you could say that when I began focusing on the right things, the stress went away little by little, and I eventually got my motivation and inspiration back. It was a tough process, but I feel that this experience really made me learn a lot.
The residents smiled and cheered Namjoon on. Namjoon laughed shyly.
Namjoon: Actually... I have experienced a period of time of a couple of days and weeks where I've lost motivation before. But usually, because it's only for a short period of time, I can just force myself to snap out of it and write again. But I feel like this time was kind of a blessing in disguise - because the longer it lasted, the more frustrated I felt, which made it impossible for me to force myself to write. In a way, I was kind of forced to look at the root of the problem and try to change it, which is a much better long term solution. As a result, I feel like I no longer get stressed so easily... and the quality of music that I write has improved as well. I'm really thankful that this happened to me this year. And next year, I'm excited to put to use what I've learnt this year... and learn more things, I guess. One thing I really like about being an artist is because everyday you're learning new things... it's wonderful.
The residents clapped loudly for Namjoon.
Soyeon: Wah... you're really amazing, oppa.
Chungha: It's really not easy to learn something like that when you're facing difficult times.
Jisoo: Yeah! The fact that you were able to turn a crisis into a learning experience is just... really impressive.
Jennie smiled as she patted Namjoon on the shoulder and gave him a thumbs up.

[Heart Signal Panel]

The panelists cheered him on too.
Seokjin: It's really not easy, indeed. Usually people become disheartened and some even give up when they lost motivation, but he managed to turn it into a life lesson which he could apply to his future... that definitely takes a lot emotional maturity and grit.
Byulyi nodded in admiration.
Byulyi: You're right. Namjoon-ssi is really strong mentally. As a leader, he must experience twice the amount of stress his members face, but he seems to never let it get in his way. It's really admirable.
Yoojung beamed as she nodded proudly.
Yoojung: He's a magnificent guy indeed.