Epilogue (4): A New Beginning

{OST: "Photograph" by Ed Sheeran}

Namjoon sat on the sofa in the living room of the Signal House, holding the photograph of the selfie he and Soyeon took together. He smiled, but there were tears in his eyes, but he held it in.

"I have no idea why-" Namjoon exclaimed with a sigh

"I have no idea why-" Namjoon exclaimed with a sigh. "But for some odd reason, I was still pinning my hopes on something that I knew was never gonna happen. I guess... this is it."

Ring! Ring!

At that very moment, Namjoon's phone rang and he picked it up nonchalantly, evidently not in a mood to talk to anyone. But his eyes lit up when he saw the name on the phone - the name of the owner whose number he had just a while ago. With his hand trembling, Namjoon accepted the call without any hesitation and held the phone up to his ear.

"H-Hello...?"

"Oppa, it's me."

"Oh-" Namjoon couldn't help but smile when he heard the familiar voice through the phone. "Soyeon-ah, it's you."

"Are you surprised that I'm calling you?"

"Mm..." Namjoon thought for a while. "Yeah, a little. Don't tell me you're calling me to apologise or thank me again, because I'm gonna hang up."

"Wait, wait, wait-" Soyeon's voice squeaked. "I'm not, so don't hang up on me just yet."

Namjoon couldn't hide his smile

Namjoon couldn't hide his smile. "Why are you calling me then? You must be busy hanging out with Yoongi-hyung now."

It was silent for a few seconds on the opposite end of the line.

"I'm not with him."

"Huh?" Namjoon gasped as he got to his feet in complete surprise. "Why?"