E13P8: Nothing Will Change

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 30]
{OST: "Lost Boy" by Troye Sivan}

Soyeon: So...
Soyeon hesitated as she glanced at Yoongi.

Soyeon: You said you wanted to tell me something last night

Soyeon: You said you wanted to tell me something last night... what was it?
Yoongi: Ah, yes.
Yoongi nodded as he fiddled with the zip of his jacket.
Yoongi: Yeah... I did wanna say something.
Soyeon pursed her lips, staring at Yoongi for a while, who seemed like he couldn't get the words off his lips.
Soyeon: Mm... oppa, since you're still thinking about what to say, why don't you let me speak first?
Yoongi looked up at Soyeon, his eyebrows raised in surprise.
Yoongi: Oh, you have something to say to me too?
Soyeon laughed.
Soyeon: We spent so much time together in the Signal House, you really think I have nothing to say to you?
Yoongi laughed and shook his head.
Yoongi: That's not it- it's just that, I was so caught up with what I wanted to say that I forget that you might have something to say to me too. Sure, what is it? Go ahead.
Soyeon: Mm... you know how I've been composing a song this whole time, don't you? I even let you listen to a part of it a while back and you gave me some constructive feedback.
Soyeon let out a nervous laugh as Yoongi nodded his head slowly.
Soyeon: Well... I actually wrote that song, taking a lot of inspiration from you.
Yoongi's eyes widened in surprise.
Yoongi: Me?
Soyeon nodded as she reached behind her back and pulled out a tape recorder.

Soyeon: Do you know what this is, oppa?Yoongi looked down at the object in her hands and nodded

Yoongi looked down at the object in her hands and nodded.
Yoongi: Of course I do. It's a tape recorder, isn't it?
Soyeon nodded as she fiddled with the buttons.
Soyeon: It's really old - I got it as one of my birthday presents when I was... I think 5 years old. I think that was when I already started to enjoy music.
Yoongi nodded slowly, wondering where Soyeon was going with this. To his surprise, she held out the tape recorder in front of him and looked up at him with a smile.
Soyeon: Today, I wanna give it to you.
Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows.
Yoongi: What?
Soyeon: Take it, oppa.
Yoongi: You said this was your birthday present... it must mean a lot to you, how can I possibly-
Soyeon: It does mean a lot to me...
Soyeon pursed her lips.
Soyeon: Isn't that exactly why I'm giving it to you?