E11P8: Comedic Gold

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 18]
{OST: "Someone You Loved" by Lewis Capaldi}

It was silent after a while after Soyeon left.
Yoongi: What were you up to all day?
Namjoon shrugged as he took a sip of beer.

Namjoon: Writing music

Namjoon: Writing music. You?
Yoongi: Writing music too.
Namjoon: Oh, right. It slipped my mind that you write songs too, hyung.
Yoongi raised his eyebrows.
Yoongi: Oh, is that so? That's fine, since it slipped my mind that you write too.
Namjoon chuckled softly.
Namjoon: Oh, really? It seems like you're the only one, hyung.
Yoongi: Why? You can forget but I can't?
Namjoon laughed as he shook his head and put down his glass on the table.
Namjoon: No, I'm just saying.
Another long pause.
Namjoon: You know how Soyeon has been writing a song all this while, do you? She let me listen to her song, what about you?

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jieun: Oh no, he mentioned Soyeon-ssi. It's officially starting... I can't watch.
Byulyi: Namjoon-ssi is still calling him hyung but there's so much tension between them.

[Signal House, Heart Signal Day 18]

Yoongi raised his eyebrows nonchalantly.
Yoongi: She let me listen to it too.
Namjoon pursed his lips.
Namjoon: But she let me listen to it first.
Yoongi: Does it matter? What did you tell her?
Namjoon: I told her it was great.
Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows.
Yoongi: Was it really though? I gave her feedback on how to change, I thought it could be better.
Namjoon: Sometimes instead of helping someone improve, it's better to build their confidence.
Yoongi: That's really what you think? I completely disagree. Confidence is one thing, but helping someone improve on their skills is more important. I think she already has enough confidence in her.
Namjoon: She doesn't, because she has suffered plenty of setbacks even before she debuted. What she needs is someone who can support her and tell her the things she wants to hear.
Yoongi: Well, I know about that. But confidence can be built by improving your skills. With enough skills and practice, you can be confident. I think that's what Soyeon needs the most right now.
Namjoon: Well, you clearly don't know her well enough then.
Yoongi stared blankly at Namjoon, as if unable to understand why they were doing this.