E8P5: MAMA

[MAMA, Heart Signal Day 13]
{OST: "Gotta Go" by Chungha}

It was finally the day of MAMA - the day all the residents had been looking forward to. They all left the house early in the morning, did their final rehearsals in their individual teams and finally, it was time for the show to start. The artists steamed into the seating area one by one and it turned out that BTS and Chungha were seated right next to each other. Chungha's eyes widened as she spotted them.
Chungha: Oh-
The three of them bowed and smiled.
Namjoon: Annyeonghaseyo.
Taehyung: Annyeonghaseyo.
Hoseok: Annyeonghaseyo.
It was a usual custom for male and female to keep a distance from each other when in the public eye after all, so no matter how close they were, they couldn't show it. Chungha smiled and bowed back.

Chungha: Annyeonghaseyo

Taehyung and Namjoon were secretly going crazy, pushing Hoseok in first so that he could sit next to Chungha. Hoseok, upon realising what they were up to, quickly tried his best to avoid getting himself into that situation. But after a staff hurried them to take their seats, Hoseok had no choice but to oblige. As Hoseok took his seat next to Chungha smiled a little and bowed, and Hoseok did the same, but they didn't interact at all. People were watching.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Seokjin: Ah, it's sad that they obviously know each other and get along but they can't do anything other than just greet each other and smile?
Byulyi nodded slowly with a frown.
Byulyi: It is sad, indeed. I don't understand why fans always have to make the hugest deals out of everything.
Jimin: Quite frankly, if they can't support their idols in whatever they do, then they shouldn't be calling themselves fans! Yoojung is such a huge fan of BTS but she still knows how to give them space and be happy for them.
Yoojung nodded.
Yoojung: Exactly! I'm the emblem of how a fan should actually behave!
The panelists laughed.
Jungkook: Um... I wonder how the fans are gonna react when they find out that they were actually in the same programme during this whole time.
Jieun: And if they actually end up dating... Wow, the fans are going to go crazy.
Jimin: It's gonna be such a huge slap to their faces, honestly. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it.
Byulyi pursed her lips.
Byulyi: I'm looking forward to it but at the same time, I'm actually kind of afraid of the backlash they're gonna get. People say absurd things like being a k-pop idol involves imagining that you're dating your fans.
Seokjin: That's freaking ridiculous. I can't wait for a major cleanse of their fandom, if that's really what some of their fans think.
Byulyi: I agree. That's completely delusional.

[MAMA, Heart Signal Day 13]

Then the show finally started. Soyeon, together with the rest of (G)I-DLE started it off with a bang and Taehyung went insane. Taehyung was a huge Neverland, and it really showed a lot especially during award season. He waved the MAMA stick in his hand and whispered excitedly into Hoseok's ear over the music as (G)I-DLE performed <LION>.