E2P8: A Rare Soulmate

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jungkook: Daebak, at this point, isn't that cheating?
Seokjin: What is?
Jungkook: Those manners! I didn't even realise Soyeon-ssi was silent all this while...
Jieun: That's an innate quality. The fact that he offered her to get out of there knowing that there was a lot on her mind... wow! Respect.

[Outside Signal House, Heart Signal Day 2]

Namjoon and Soyeon walked alongside each other in silence, heading towards the nearby convenience store.
Namjoon: So, what's up?
Soyeon looked up at Namjoon's sudden question, a confused smile on her face.
Soyeon: Hm?
Namjoon laughed, glancing at Soyeon.
Namjoon: Hm? Tell me what's making you look so glum.
Soyeon pursed her lips.

Soyeon: What

Soyeon: What...? I'm not glum.
Namjoon: Yes, you are. You're like a completely different person from the Soyeon I met yesterday. So tell me, what's wrong?
Soyeon's smile faded slowly, as she bit her lower lip.
Soyeon: Ah...
Namjoon seemed to have noticed her discomfort.
Namjoon: Ah, it's alright. You can say it. Unless you're uncomfortable with me, then-
Soyeon: No, it's fine, I'm not uncomfortable with you. I just didn't want to burden you.
Namjoon chuckled.
Namjoon: I'm fine with that, so go ahead.
Soyeon frowned.
Soyeon: Ah, it's just that something happened between me and Yoongi-oppa this afternoon.
A look of realisation spread across Namjoon's face.
Namjoon: I knew it.
Soyeon looked puzzled.
Soyeon: Oh-? You did?
Namjoon shook his head.

Namjoon: Nah, I was just suspecting something

Namjoon: Nah, I was just suspecting something... the mood between you two were off throughout the whole of tonight. I thought if y'all had spent the afternoon together, it wouldn't be so... cold. Why, what happened?
Soyeon sighed.
Soyeon: I mean, it's nothing much really, but still...
Namjoon completed Soyeon's sentence.
Namjoon: It bothers you.
Soyeon nodded.
Namjoon: If it bothers you then it's not nothing much. It's something, so say it.
They soon arrived at the convenience store and Namjoon held the door open for Soyeon.
Soyeon: Thank you.
Namjoon closed the door behind him and glanced at Soyeon again.
Namjoon: So, what did he say to you?
Soyeon bit her lower lip, hesitating for a while.
Soyeon: Well, he told me that he wasn't gonna try to get along.
Namjoon listened on without interrupting, so Soyeon continued.