E12P4: Pout

[Toms & Toms Café, Heart Signal Day 21]
{OST: "Boom Boom" by Hong Dae Kwang}

Sunmi cleared her throat loudly.

Sunmi: So anyway! Hoseok-ssi, you still haven't told me what you like about our Chungha

Chungha laughed.
Chungha: Unnie, quit fooling around!
Chungha glanced at Hoseok.
Chungha: Oppa, you don't have to answer-
Hoseok pursed his lips as he glanced at Sunmi.
Hoseok: She's fun-loving, kind-hearted, has similar values to me and pretty inside and out. I can keep going, but is that enough?
Chungha couldn't hide her smile.
Sunmi: Woah.

[Heart Signal Panel]

The panelists squealed loudly.

[Toms & Toms Café, Heart Signal Day 21]

Hoseok turned and smiled at Chungha, who looked away, her face blushing slightly.
Sunmi: You know what they say-
Sunmi grinned.
Sunmi: The first thing someone says is what they like most about a person. And you said... fun-loving?
Hoseok thought for a while.
Hoseok: I guess that's true to a certain extent. You know how when you hang out with a person, there's always a different vibe with everyone? Well... when I'm with her, it's always... how should I put it-
Hoseok glanced at Chungha briefly, before looking at Sunmi once more.
Hoseok: Should I say... comfortable? Like, it's always effortless when I'm hanging out with her. We never run out of things to talk about, and it's always fun. She's just... a really cheerful and bright person in general, and I think that's what stands out to me the most.
Sunmi grinned as she tapped Chungha on her hand.
Sunmi: Ya- you hear that? He called you fun-loving...
Chungha tried to hide her evident embarrassment.

Chungha: Ah

Chungha: Ah. Thanks, oppa.
Sunmi: What about you, Chungha-ya? What do you like most about Hoseok-ssi?
Chungha thought for a while.
Chungha: Must you really have something you like most about a person? Just the vibes, I guess? Is that a good enough answer?
Sunmi diverted the question to Hoseok instead.
Sunmi: What do you think Hoseok-ssi? Are you satisfied with that answer?
Hoseok frowned.
Hoseok: Actually, what is that supposed to mean... like, you can't point out what exactly you like?
Chungha: Well, like... of course there are many...
Chungha pouted.
Chungha: But what Sunmi-unnie said earlier was that the first word matters the most... and I can't pick one outstanding out of everything.
Sunmi: Oh, is that so? That's interesting, Hoseok-ssi could do so though. Maybe think a little harder?
Chungha thought for a while more, but eventually shook her head.
Chungha: I can't pick one, even if you asked me to. It's just- just the overall person, I guess.
Sunmi stole a glance at Hoseok, who looked slightly bewildered. She laughed it off loudly, so that the atmosphere would be less tense.
Sunmi: Ah, I get it. Yeah, that could be the case sometimes. Like, when a person is overall really balanced, that's what you mean right?
Chungha: Yeah-
Chungha shrugged with a frown.
Chungha: But not really either. Ah, I'm confused as well.
Sunmi: Don't worry about it. I'm sure Hoseok-ssi understands.
Sunmi shifted her eyes towards Hoseok.
Sunmi: Don't you, Hoseok-ssi?
Hoseok let out an awkward chuckle as he nodded slowly.
Hoseok: Yeah. Yeah, I mean, well, I could understand that. I guess.