A Promise!

After being threatened by Luna, Brook had explained that her, Robin and Franky should head back to the Thousand Sunny. But of course... "What!? We have to go back to the ship? You mean Sunny?" There was a little confusion to why.
"Right. The worst they were due to your captured crewmates is still the shadows! But it's not as though that's fatal." That had been explained. "Just look at me! I'm a prime example." Says the guy that's nothing but a skeleton. "Oh, I actually did die!" Brook had come to realise that wasn't a good thing.
"But that's a different story!" Franky stated since The two stories have nothing in common.
"So the point is, even when losing your shadow you won't die." Luna spoke looking to the skeleton.
"But the thing is, everyone falls unconscious when the shadow is snatched away. They won't awaken for two days. The stronger The person, over sooner he is put on a ship and kicked out of Thriller Bark. Why do you think they'll do that?" Brook asked the three before them.
"To prevent the victims from returning to the islands were come in the shadows?" Robin had responded with that suggest.
"Bingo!"
"Then why don't they kill us when we're out cold?" Franky had asked that since that would be the easiest way to prevent recovery of shadows.
"They can't." None of them understood why that was, which was y Brook began to explain. "This is important, so pay attention! For starters, even if you're separate a person from his shadow, they are still of one mind and body. If the human dies, the shadow will disappear. That means the zombie will die then as well. That won't to the enemy's needs! Hence they always keep the human body alive." Which makes sense when explained.
"Which means even if those idiots lose their shadows, they'll be alive back on the Sunny." Luna understand now why he was telling them to get back to the ship.
"Yes! The worst case scenario would be for the three of you to full victim as well!" Brook was pointing at the three pirates before him shouting. "It would mean that all of you are doomed to wonder the sea without your shadows! I work in your friends while there is it is still time to act! This is the only chance she gets a look for a way to recover the shadows. Did you understand all of that?" They had been asked, which they did because it sounded logical enough to them. "Here, guys, take this." Brook had walked over with three small hand size sacks in his hands that were held up. Robin had taken one, as well as Luna, Franky had to walk over to grab the last one.
"What is it?" Robin was asking, curiously.
"The zombies' weakness!" Brook stated as he began to walk away. "Are you sure however active it was in my battle against a spider monkey!" They record the battle, remembering how the shadow came flying out at the end.
"This is their weakness? What exactly is it?" Franky was asking not even trying to open it up.
"It's salt."
"Salt?! If we got a purify the things to take "em out, are they some kind of curse?" The cyborg seemed confused now.
"I don't think it's like that." Luna spoken her fears turning fast in her head as to understand why the salt works. I think it's because originally the zombies were created by a devil fruit. So, it is simply like when falling into the sea causes power holders to weaken, salts could be what causes weakens the shadow enough to break free of the corpse. Is that about right?" She looked to the skeleton asking if she had it all correct.
"Yeah!" Which she did, of course.
"Makes sense! So that monkey spewed out the shadow that was inside of him, right?" Franky then asked
"That never would have occurred to me." Robin had to admitted that fact. 
"To  reiterate, please stuff souls into a zombie's mouth to defeat it!" Brook was slinging around in joy. "That's the trick! Even for this bag of bones, butter snap! Snap! Snap! Snap!" He was having too much fun.
"But Brook... why are you so knowledgeable about the zombies and this island?" Robin's questioned had forced him to a stop.
"That has to be with when I lost my shadow five years ago... Naturally, they sent me back out to drift at the sea. Fortunately, I was able to turn back by the time I awoken." Brook then informed of how he stepped back onto the island and began fighting against the zombies, and had fought the zombie who holds possession of his shadow. "But in the end,I lost miserably. I bleed for fear of my life. No matter what... No matter what, I did not want to die!" Although, he did die already. " I am the sole survivor of my ship! Sunday I must pull out of the Devil's Sea and carry out the promise I made to my friends! So I ran for my life! But alternately, extending my life did not resolve anything. So I am done running! Until I beat that man and recover my—" He had come to a stop speaking as if something terrifying crossed his mind, causing him to sweat. The others had noticed and seemed a bit surprised as they waited for him to finish. "Well, you'll have to pardon me. I'm in a hurry. Take care!" But he didn't and was leaving the group.
"Stop right there!" If Franky hadn't called out to and stop him. "On top of everything you've told us, answer this one question before you go." Brook didn't turned to him as he had said this and not asked. "You know how people would react if you appear before them as you are now, don't you?" Of course the Skeleton had realised it. You're a talking skeleton! You'll never make friends. The abnormal are ostracised."
"Franky, what are you...?" Robin was trying to ask him but Luna stopped her. "Luna?"
"Even if you leave the Devil's Sea,Your fate are sealed... And to make matters worse, you've spent the past several decades trapped here! Didn't you say, 'I got so lonely that I wanted to die'?" Luna understand why Franky was saying and asking all of this. If I were you, I would have taken my own life ages ago. Your existence bites.... Sometimes you act like a gentleman to hide the core of the conversation. You're doing all of this because you want to keep a promise... What exactly did you promise to your crew mates?" This had been what Franky wanted to ask, because this promised seemed to be the only thing that's keeping him from killing himself.
"You're rather nosy, aren't you?" Brook chuckled but it seemed a little darker then normal. "It's quite simple. Long ago, we left a member of my crew behind at a certain location. It was unavoidable, yes sad. When we set sail, we have vehemently swore that we will return. But then we were annihilated on the seas, preventing us from keeping a promise." It was making a lot more sense now. As a sole survivor from a shit, it is my duty to tell him what has happened! I believe it has been... 50 years now since the day we died."
"50 years?! Hey, that was ages ago! I wasn't even born yet! Sorry, but I doubt he's been waiting that long!" Worst case scenario he was already dead.
"What right...?!" But hearing Franky shouted that had caused the gentlemen skeleton to become angry. What right do I have to say whether or not he still waiting? If he still waiting for us, believing that will keep our promise... Can you imagine how low some he must feel? If he still waiting well under the belief that we've betrayed him, can you imagine how miserable he must be?"
"Man..." The cyborg was unable to say anything more.
We swore to reunite with my crew of some capes. His name is... Laboon!" Luna felt that knew that name somewhere. "He was a young whale, so we couldn't possibly bring him with us on a dangerous voyage." That sounded even more familiar, but she had really been back in the Grand Line before fifty years ago.
"A whale...?"
"Yeah. I imagine he is growing rather big by now."
"You crewmate... is a whale?" Franky seemed to be having a little bit hard time understanding.
That's right. I can't help but think he still believes in us. Perhaps he thinks will play a typical likely music and come back waving. I doubt he will forgive us for irresponsibly dying on him... we made a selfish promise and died under a distance Skye where our voices couldn't reach him." Brook was shaking in frustration as he spoke. "'I'm sorry we died' could never cut it! We gave our word as men that we would return!"