Love is a Drug (Alana Jobson, aka Crackerjack)

"That wasn't so bad" Peter said, watching as Blindside was hanging in his very own home from his web. He felt a sense of satisfaction at getting this man once and for good. He obviously needed to contact the police for an arrest and explain everything that had happened, but Spider-Man knew that it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Besides him stood Alana Jobson, also known as Jackpot. She was someone who he had previously mistaken for Mary Jane because everything about the woman screamed Mary Jane at him, even her voice. But he was worried about her, she was slowly killing herself and she didn't seem to mind. He wanted to do something for her but not understanding the medicine that she was taking, left him with little to no choice at all in the matter.

"What wasn't?" Alana asked, clearly trying to make Spider-Man say the words she knew that he didn't want to say at all. She glanced at the hero, watching as he also glanced at her. He looked like he didn't want to say it, clearly avoiding the topic. But she smirked a bit, making the hero groan a bit. She was happy that she one-upped Spider-Man in a conversation.

"You're really going to make me say it?" Peter asked as he started to walk away from Blindside. Alana walked right besides him, and he couldn't help but compare Mary Jane to Alana. The two of them even had the same pattern of walking. He was really going to fall for her if this continued. He didn't want to fall in love again... Not this soon at least. He wanted to stay alone for a bit, trying to comprehend everything that was currently happening in his life. But it seems as if the woman was constantly trying to sway his mind on the topic, even if it was unwittingly.

"Yup" It was the only response that Alana gave as they passed through the destruction they left around. Peter couldn't help it but groan to himself as he kept on walking. She was so much like Mary Jane that it was almost too much for him. He never could win an argument against both of them. He never could, and the only time when he did so was when it was related to Spider-Man stuff. In which he would honestly admit that she left him go. But he certainly had never won against Mary Jane, and now it seems that Alana was rising on the ranks as well.

"You're not so bad" Alana smiled at that. She really wanted to hear those words from Spider-Man. He may not be the strongest hero around but he was certainly the one who did the most hero work around. She just wanted to help, and getting the slight approval from him was almost like a blessing. She knew that her time was limited because of the drugs, but she will keep on saving people. It was her passion. "But what you're doing to yourself... all those drugs, the pills... it's not worth it"

"Easy for you to say. You..." It was then that Alana felt a strange feeling on her chest. It was burning and she didn't know what was happening. This couldn't be it... she just got his approval, why would her time be up now?! She wanted to do more, but there was no denying it. She was going to die and all she could do was accept it. "This is strange..."

"Don't tell me..." Peter quickly looked towards Alana, who hesitated to continue walking. It didn't take a genius to know what was going to happen next, and it was something that he had warned her about. So he acted quickly, even as he heard the screams of pain from Alana, he swung with her in his arms. It was fortunate that the Baxter Building was near, because he didn't want another death on his mind.

Time Skip; Baxter Building; With Peter Parker

"She is going to recover, right?" Peter asked, worried from head to toe. He watched as the machine beeped in a frequent noise, telling him of the stability of Alana's condition. He didn't even look at Reed Richards who stood behind him, all he could look at was the comatose figure of Alana Jobson in the stretcher. He was glad he didn't waste time and reacted immediately as she said something was strange with her.