Seeking Victory (Zora Vukovic, aka Victorious)

She sighed, looking at the ceiling of her quarters. She didn't know what to do, her heart broken between her loyalty and her love. It had been a position that she had never been before, her sole focus only laying with her kingdom, Latveria. But in recent months, words were invading her head. Repeating themselves over and over again.

"I..." She couldn't even express herself correctly. It actually brought her pain, her indecisive nature not allowing her to be at peace. She had her duty to follow her king with every decision he may make, but her heart... It led her elsewhere. "I don't know what to do..."

She just closed her eyes, remembering her encounter with the man who had her back. The one who saved her from not only the people of his own nation, but against people he considered his own family.

Flashback

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" She saw him, almost leaving the area. A sharp pain in her heart, one she ignored, almost made her react. But she was stronger than that, she was Victorious after all, the right hand of Victor von Doom.

"Sure?" She smiled slightly, her hand over her chest. It laid there for a moment, before she grabbed the man in front of her by his own hands. She stared right at him, white lenses looking at her in confusion. "What-?"

"Do not misunderstand me, but..." She didn't know how to show her appreciation. He had done the unbelievable for her, protected and cared for her when he didn't have to do so. It was something she hadn't experienced before. She always had to take care of herself, with just recently gaining the favor of Doctor Doom. "I want you. Your wisdom, your ability... But more than any of that, your heart"

"You... Victorious, you have to really explain yourself. I am drawing blanks right now" She let go of his hands, turning around to watch the sky's beauty. It relaxed her, made her think with the clarity she needed at the moment.

"Latveria may be neutral with Symkaria, but the struggle to maintain peace was only the start" She looked down a bit, remembering the destruction left by the two kingdoms. She could still feel the blood of kids on her skin. It made her slightly sick, the children didn't deserve that kind of pain. "I have so much work left to do"

"And what does that have to do with-"

"There are many ready to come to my aid, but none like you" She interrupted him, turning around once more to look at him straight to his mask. She gains a joyful expression at seeing the surprised look over his mask. "You are something special, Spider-Man"

"Me? I'm no one special... I'm just someone who wants to help the needed" She smiled, moving her hand to his cheek. It was the reason she felt herself drawn closer to him. It was because he cared, not caring about anything of the past. He just looked at what was happening, deciding to save instead of letting someone get hurt.

"You are..." She whispered, her hand moving to his mask. She slowly began to unmask him, only stopping her movement when his mask went over his nose. She still respected him to such a degree that she didn't need to unmask him. "So, stay alive..." She lowered her hand, placing it on top of his chest. Apart from feeling just how strong the muscles of the hero were, she could also feel his heartbeat. It was slightly agitated, letting her know that he was feeling slightly nervous. "And I will remain here... Until the strife my people suffer is no more"

Silence was all that remained, both of them looking at each other. She neared her face to his, her rosy lips nearing his own. It only took one moment. To tell the truth. To feel at peace. To kiss the hero in front of her. It only took one single moment.

"And when that time comes, I want you to return with me to Latveria..." She leaned her forehead to his own. She could feel his breathing against her own, making her feel a connection she had never felt before. And she actually enjoyed the feeling. "Promise me..."

Present Day

She sighed, questioning herself the unanswered petition she made. She felt as if she needed to express herself better. That her feelings weren't portrayed correctly. But she just relaxed in her bed, nude as the day she was born.

"Victorious" She almost jumped out of bed, grabbing the blankets of her bed to cover herself. She recognized the voice, immediately dropping her face to show reverence to her king. He deserved that much. He had done so much for her.

"Lord Doom" She whispered, not even dating to look up to her king. She didn't deserve to be regarded as his Right Hand. She was more of a soldier, a weapon. But... She wanted to be more. She wanted to be a woman, Spider-Man's. "By now you might have heard of my failure. How I am being sent home in disgrace" She held herself from crying. It was yet another thing on her mind. Just how she also failed her king. She didn't deserve anything. Not the love of the man she admired, nor the gift given to her by her king. "Forgive me..."

"Nonsense. You placed the safety of our crown and holy relics above all else" She made a small smile, remembering the ordeal completely. She had fought with tooth and blood for her kingdom. And she would do it again if she had to. "As always, you have served both Latveria and your sovereign well" She closed her eyes, happy that she hadn't betrayed his trust. She couldn't fathom the idea of ever betraying her king. But, neither could she hold back any longer. "The reason we must talk now, Zora, is of the utmost importance. It is for your ears, and your ears only"

"Of course, Lord Doom" She stated, her eyes still looking down, her heart already decided. She needed to tell her king what she wanted. Her only petition, the only thing she would actually ask of her king.

"Danger looms over Latveria and in order to save us all, I must leave. I loath to leave our homeland, though thankfully I have you, Zora" She gulped softly, fearing for the petition her king will ask of her. Her resolve was already breaking, her feelings being slowly locked away. But, would she ever be happy if she didn't have him by her side? "While her king is gone, Latveria will have a Queen. So I ask you, my Victorious... Will you be the Bride of Doom?"

"M-My Lord..." She had to admit, it was an honor for her. To become Queen of Latveria, the bride of her beloved king. But, she looked down, feeling just how her heart ached. "This is a great honor..." She steeled her resolve. She didn't want to live a lie, forever trapped in a cage with no way to feel alive. So she needed to tell her king everything. "But, my heart lies in the hand of another"

"Hmm... I have never heard of you falling in love with someone, Zora" She lowered her head in slight shame. She was not ashamed of admitting it, she actually felt relieved to actually let it out of her chest. She felt shame in dishonoring the great gift she was being bestowed by Lord Doom to be his Queen. "Tell me, who is the man who has stolen your heart?"

"It's... Spider-Man, my lord" She confessed, a small and almost unnoticeable smile appeared on her face. It made her feel happy just talking about him. "He protected me from dangers that threaten Latveria's embassy in the american lands" She, for the first time in the conversation, looked up towards her king, realizing that her king was never in the room, that it was just a projection of her beloved king. "I... I plead to you, my lord. To allow me to seek companionship with the american hero, Spider-Man"

"Granted" She opened her eyes wide. A small gasp escaped her lips as she looked at her king. She couldn't discern what he may be feeling, but it didn't matter at that moment. Her heart felt as if it was going to explode from the happiness it felt. "Go, my Victorious. Go seek your champion"

And she did, ignoring that her king might have seen her completely nude. She was prepared to head out to the american lands in less than half a minute. She needed to see him once again. To seek the answer she wanted to hear from his lips, and to be together as she has dreamt many times by now. And she was definitely not taking a no for an answer.