Feeling Lucky (Neena Thurman, aka Domino)

She was falling. falling into the pits of death as she saw the broken glass all around her. Her eyes widened in shock and fear, as she couldn't feel her mutagenic powers over luck manipulation. She could always feel her powers, it was like a mouse crawling up her back. Her powers maintained her alive, but the consequences were too severe. She always felt the pain of everything, surviving even moments when death was definitely assured.

This was not the case any longer. She couldn't even feel the mouse crawling up her back. She was completely alone as she watched the woman who threw her off the building look back inside. And there was nothing around her to even grab to save herself. She could already see it, a newspaper titled 'Almost naked women found dead on the street' or something like that. And it was then that she grew accustomed to it, she was going to die this very moment.

She wanted to live, be with her friends and family once more. Fall in love for what may be the tenth time, only to break up once more if the relationship was not working. Kill a couple of bad guys that were getting on her nerves. She still had a lot to do, but now she couldn't do so. Falling down to your death would make anyone realize what they want to do in life. And since she has never been this close to death, always being saved by her powers, it was actually a first time for her.

But then she felt it, the mouse was back at it. This made her eyes widen a bit more as she drew near to the ground. She heard something familiar but couldn't quite place it yet. But right now, all she cared about was living and trying to live differently. She would honestly not do so much of a change but if she had to do so, she would gladly do it. She was probably surviving all of this. And it was then that she saw that it was not the mouse that saved her... it was a spider that was roaming around.

"Hey. Hey, you okay there Domino?" Spider-Man said as she saw him swing towards her direction, picking her up by her hips seconds away from becoming a corpse on the street. She sighed a bit, happy that she was alive but it didn't make everything that had happened to her disappear. "Look, I know the pizza here is terrible, but that is no reason to become one" Domino rolled her eyes at the joke. If this was Deadpool, he would be laughing his ass out, Neena was sure of that. But she never ever really liked jokes that much... even if this one was slightly funny. At least she could handle this one, Wade's jokes were either immature or didn't make sense at all. "Lucky I was in the neighborhood, I guess!"

"Yeah..." Domino could honestly say that it was anything but luck. She had her powers eliminated from her until a couple of seconds before she actually touched the ground and he came at her like her guardian angel, saving her from going splat on the ground. So she knew the truth. The truth about how he saved her. It was anything but luck. "'Lucky'..."

Time Skip; At the roof of the building

Spider-Man was standing as he watched the starry night sky. It was beautiful, no doubt in his mind but always preferred to see New York's night sky instead of San Francisco. Spider-Man, whose identity is Peter Parker, glanced at Domino who had a downed face. He obviously didn't know what was wrong with the woman who manipulates luck but it must be something big if it had her acting like this.

"You okay?" Spider-Man glanced once more at her, which made her heart skip a bit at the worried voice that he talked to her. She ignored the feeling though, preferring to quench it inside of her and just kept her stoic face. She could honestly say that he was the most pure hero out there, worrying for everyone and not caring for himself. Which made Domino sigh at the end of her thoughts.

"I'm something..." Domino stated, stoic face still in place as she looked at the night sky. She didn't want him or anyone really to know how afraid she currently felt. She was hugging her knees close to her chest, feeling the cold wind against her pale body. She wanted to be alone, suffer alone from all that she was mentally inducing herself into. "Not sure if 'okay' really covers it"