Just The Way You Are (Madelyne Pryor, aka the Goblin Queen)

"Why me?" Madelyne Pryor though while she was on her knees, chained to the ground of New York. It has been some time since she had abducted Alex Summers to be able to be with him for the rest of their lives. But even the man who had stolen her heart had betrayed her to the Silent Council in the end.

"Madelyne, do you have any idea what you were trying to do?" Charles Xavier, whose consciousness was inside of a clone of Fantomex, walked towards the Goblin Queen. She couldn't see his face, the helmet he had on only revealing his mouth. But she said nothing, all she ever eanted was to make everyone notice that she was alive.

Madelyne sighed as she looked down, her shining orange eyes now a bit paler. For her entire life she had been the sole reminder that she was a clone of someone else. And people around her only served to remind her that dhe was never truly alive. But she wanted to make them see the truth, that she was her own person and not some cline that could be disposed in any short notice.

"She's not going to talk, Charles..." Max Eisenhardt, the real name of Erik Lensherr who is the mutant known as Magneto, whispered in defeat and Madelyne could only frown a bit as she heard his words. She would talk if she felt like she needed to say her thoughts, but she was never going to play their game once more. She had been manipulated enough by them, and she was not going to willingly play their game ever again.

"I guess you're right, my friend..." Madelyne silently scoffed at just how quickly Professor X accepted Magneto's words. It seems as if the old man had seemingly forgotten just all the damage and destruction Magneto has caused to not only her, but to everyone that was currently around her. She could see the eyes of anger and pity being directed at her, something that she ignored completely. "Logan... If you could finish this so we could go back to Krakoa?"

"Sure, Chuck..." Madelyne looked up a bit, just to see the Wolverine revealing his adamantium claws to her. She didn't care who was the one who would end up killing her in the end. All she needed them to understand was that she was a real woman, not the mirrage of someone else. "See ya-"

*TWIP*

She widened her eyes as she heard the familiar sound of the spins of the hero of New York. She could see how the web had attached itself into Logan's chest, and she could also see the shocked face he did as well.

"Sorry, Logan! But it seems that you need to learn how to treat a lady right... For the..." Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man, had launched Logan away, hearing the scream of anger from the man who was his brother in anything but blood. He had stopped in front of Madelyne Pryor. His stance has been a protective one, alert of every single move that anyone would have made against him or the woman he was protecting. Though he then relaxed a bit, moving his hand towards his chin in a thinking position. "How many times ot has been? Bah... Who cares..."

"Spider-Man, why have you-"

"Let me stop you right there, professor. Because it seems that you don't really understand what is happening right here" Spider-Man said seriously, making everyone wary of what he may do. He knew that everyone in the heroic communitg knew just how dangerous he was when he was serious in his fights. He had demonstrated this when he fought Rhino two weeks ago, and Aleksei was still in the medical wing of the prison. "Do you have any idea what you were trying to do? You were trying yo kill someone, Charles! When have you ever thought of doing something like that?!"

Madelyne could feel the anger that Spider-Man currently had against her captors. A lone tear went down her glowing eye as she was happy to be recognized by someone, even if that man was not someone close to her. But she just had her dream come true and she would be more than happy to protect him just as he protected her. And was slightly glad that Charles didn't provide Spider-Man with any answer.