Copying Feelings (Vanessa Carlysle, aka Copycat)

"Thank you for your patronage!" She exclaimed, a smile over her face as she looked over the lovebirds that had bought a couple of chimichangas. She felt a slight pang to her chest. But she ignored it, her focus was now being able to make even the slightest amount of income to survive yet another day. "Hope to see you two again soon!"

After the couple left the front of the food truck, she sighed as she reclined over the top of the counter. It reminded her of the times that she was with Wade, moments that she will cherish forever. But even she knew that she could not hang onto the past forever. And she hasn't, Wade was a distant past to her. Her focus was on someone else, a man that frequently came to her food truck.

"Ness, great to see you again" She stood up as fast as she could, her eyes being locked with the man she had been pinning for quite a while. He was definitely not perfect, but it is all she could have ever asked for. The red and blue wearing hero seemingly sent a smile towards her, which promptly made her blush quite a bit. "I'll take my usual order, please"

"Of course, Spidey! Two pork chimichangas coming right up!" She went to cook the hero the food he had ordered. As she cooked, she couldn't help but glance back from time to time. She hated seeing him in such obvious pain. His expression, even behind the mask, told her of the many misadventures he had experienced by now. She wanted to help him, talk more with him and get to know him better. "Two pork chimichangas for my favorite superhero!"

"Thank you, Ness" She just nodded, her smile not leaving her face. She was happy to know that even with her small interactions with him, she could make his day better just by acting as she would use to act when she was happy with Wade. "Why don't you join me for a bit? You are really working day and night, Ness. You need to rest"

She blushed, her mind already making her think of things that he would say to her. Feelings she thought she had hidden well, bursting through her heart in a burst of emotions. It was all she ever wanted, a chance to spend time with him. Not as Mary Jane Watson, not as Felicia Hardy, and especially not as Carol Danvers. She wanted to spend time with him as Vanessa Carlysle.

"O-Of course! J-Just give me a second to close the food truck" He nodded towards her, before moving a bit back. She had made enough money to close for the day, a chance like the one she just got would not come another day. So she needed to grasp onto that opportunity and keep it as close as she could. But she knew that she would have to admit something towards the hero, because she did not want to keep on lying to him nor to herself.

Time Skip

"What an enjoyable night..." Spider-Man stated, eating from his chimichanga. He glanced to his side looking over towards Vanessa, who looked like she was having an internal battle with herself. They stood on a slightly lone rooftop, though still near her Food Truck just in case. He had seen just how she looked at him, he had guessed that she liked him to some extension. But now she was acting really strange. "Don't you think?"

"Yeah..." He raised a brow, the unresponsive expression that she was making made him a slight confused. A moment passed, and nothing was said between the two. "Spidey..." He looked at her, who was actually shaking her head negatively. She looked like she knew more than what he ever expected. But his eyes widened in shock, looking just how Vanessa seemingly shifted towards someone else. His eyes could not believe what he was seeing. "Petey... I need to tell you something"

"G-Gwen?!" He even took his mask in shock, looking at the woman he believed had died many years ago. He did not know what else to believe. "Just... How?!" Peter Parker, the identity behind Spider-Man, exclaimed. He watched as Gwen changed once again, his heart almost going out of his body at seeing who it was now. "M...J..."

"Tiger, there is a lot of what I have not told you" Whoever it was impersonating Mary Jane Watson stated, her eyes looking as if she was sorry for whatever she had done. "A lot of who I really am. Of who the Vanessa you knew..." She whispered, he watched her right eyes shed a tear in anguish. He couldn't even utter a single word before she shifted yet again. It was like a rollercoaster of his past tight in front of him. He had just watched her change from Gwen, to Mary Jane and now to Felicia Hardy. He did not know what else to think any longer. "I am still hiding from my past, Spider. A past that still haunts me to this day"

"Then please explain it clearly, because now I don't know what is true or what is not" He was on the verge of pulling his hair out in slight frustration. But it was then that she watched her shift once again. It was not a person he had personally known, but he knew who she was because of Deapool. "Wait, you're-"

"Yes... But that is not what I have hidden from you" He now saw who Vanessa truly was. She was Deadpool's ex-wife, Vanessa Carlysle, and who was known by the alias of Copycat. He did not know what he had done to gain her attention, but here they were. "What I have hidden is that ever since my supposed death... I have been impersonating many lives" He could hear her words, regret and fear of how he may react to her words. He could also see it in her eyes, the trembles of her shoulders giving it away. "But when I impersonated Mary Jane Watson, I could feel the love she felt for you. I could see every moment the two of you shared as if it was me all along..."

"You... You know everything?" He saw her nod, which made him exhale a gathered breath that he did not know he had. Everything started to make sense now. It was unbelievable but as he thought about it even further, the more believable it sounded.

"I started using my powers on my own to feel that love... Even finding you out in the open and just spending time with you" She cupped his cheek, her eyes crying uncontrollably. It made him see that what she felt for him was true. It was not the lies she saw in her memories, but the real emotions of her own experience with him. "I... I just wanted to love you as I am... Not as another person, but as Vanessa Carlysle"

"Ness... All you had to do was ask..." He felt her head on his chest, her tears drenching his shirt. He just hugged her, a moment between the two that would unite them even further. He was certain that he would want to get to know Vanessa even further. But if her feelings were just as he knew they were, he was certain that he would never have to worry about being alone for the foreseeable future.