Targetting the Heart (Maki Matsumoto, aka Lady Bullseye)

"This is bullshit..." Spider-Man thought as he shot a web to the nearest building as swung through the night, patrolling New York City. It has been a couple of weeks since Wilson Fisk, also known as the Kingpin, who had put a bounty on him for more than five hundred million american dollars, and the amount kept rising each day. He was forced to reveal his identity to those near him, which shocked them to the core. But Peter Parker, the identity behind Spider-Man, didn't even have the chance to even explain everything before he had to cash-in some favors that he had.

Peter sighed as he kept swinging through the night, remembering the teary farewell between himself and Aunt May. He had asked Logan to send them far away from him, at least until he could manage to resolve whatever the Kingpin did to him. It wasn't a surprise however that as soon as he revealed his identity to Aunt May, that the Kingpin also provided evidence to the entire world of his identity.

Peter knew that if he acted now against Fisk, that he would surely lose and get killed, and he surely didn't want that. So his only option was to live as Spider-Man and leave his life as Peter Parker behind. It came to fruition because no one was able to find him, after all the searching they had done. He started to work at night as well, copying the strategy that fellow hero Matt Murdock, also known as Daredevil, did in his part of the city. Though Peter, from time to time, went to patrol at day, and he would still not be seen. There were no jokes and no banter.

"This couldn't possibly-" Peter then heard the cries of a baby, which prompted him to stop on the top of a building. He stopped and began to concentrate on his hearing, making him able to hear the baby cries once more. Peter facepalmed softly with a groan before he shot a web to the direction of the cries. "I just had to ask..." As Peter got nearer to the sound, he was able to see a lone baby trolley on the alley. And when he was about to drop to the floor, his Spider-Senses flared in his mind. This made him not to unstick himself from the wall and narrowed his eyes at the trolley. His senses didn't stop warning him, making him realize that this was probably a set up. "Oh god... Where is one when you really need one?"

He dropped to the floor, deciding to ignore his senses for once in his life. The one that had put this ambush was probably waiting for him to get near the trolley to attack him. He gave a low sigh as he began to walk towards the trolley. His senses were getting stronger and stronger as he got nearer to the trolley. He stopped when he saw the radio on the trolley and widened his eyes as he had to turn around to block a kick to his midsection. He was shocked, however, to see Maki Matsumoto, also known as Lady Bullseye.

Peter and Maki had history between the two. She had tried to coerce him, to see if she could convince him to drop his actions and join her at the Assassins' Guild. But he was never really swayed by her words. He could admit that the woman in front of him was very skilled, even without powers. And maybe he had something to do with her during those times.

"Maki..." Peter said as he still had her leg on his arm, not letting go of her leg just in case she decided to keep on attacking him. He could see how Lady Bullseye was giving him one of the nastiest glares he had seen in his life. Though it didn't reach the level that the Black Widow could and if Peter had to admit it... No one was able to give a fiercer glare than Natasha Romanoff. "What are you doing here? Is the bounty high enough now? What a huge surprise!"

"That's just a consolation prize in case you fail the test, kumo" Maki said, making Peter frown behind his mask. She noticed how the lenses narrowed at her, making her realize that he was either frowning or glaring at her. She knew more than enough to make her decision there and then, but she didn't want to be seen as easy. She felt hurt the day that Spider-Man had betrayed her trust. She felt as if she had connected with the man behind the mask a bit. That she was able to persuade the hero from looking the other way, but he didn't. And that made her mad.