Finding the Way (Lori Baumgartner, aka Bombshell)

"Momma is stone cold..." She smirked, the cuffs in her hands being removed from her. Lori Baumgartner, also known as Bombshell, could almost taste it, the sweet sensation that freedom could give someone who had been in prison. She didn't know why she even got free from her jail time, but all she knew was that she applied to a special program the government was making and for her to even begin the program, she had to be freed from jail. But in moments, she was already outside. She took a huge intake of fresh air, and sighed in relief. "And momma is free!"

She looked down the stairs and her eyes immediately went towards her daughter, standing there and waiting for her. She smiled at her daughter, Lana. She may not always agree with her, but she loved her dearly. She walked down the stairs, walking straight towards her daughter. But she didn't have to wait long, her daughter rushing towards her and cutting the distance between the two with a hug.

"Congratulations, mom!" Lori smiled, softly rubbing her head against her daughter's own head. She loved the feeling of freedom already, even if she still didn't know what she had to do as part of the program that she was now in. But she would not take this gift for granted, she will try and work her way through the program until she is liberated. Maybe then, she will have her life back. "When the court clerk told me what had happened, I couldn't believe it"

"I still can't believe it either, sweetie" She cupped her daughter's cheek in a loving embrace. It had been far too long since she had seen her daughter last. She hoped to have more time with her, to compensate for the lost time. "But they still didn't explain the program that I am now in" She muttered softly, looking at the eyes of her daughter, who looked at her with slight worry. She might be free from jail, but she had everything but freedom. She knew that this was her being treated as someone expendable. "I don't even know who-"

"Lori Baumgartner?" She and her daughter looked to the side. And what she saw was a handsome man looking at her and at her daughter. The man had unruly brown hair and hazel eyes. She had to blink twice, processing the fact that someone was approaching her in the first place. "My name is Peter Parker, the person in charge of the program that you are participating in" She couldn't quite place it, but she would swear that she had heard the name before. She looked straight into his eyes, just knowing that deep down... She knew who the man was. "Great to see again, Lana"

"You too, Mister Parker!" Lori glanced at her daughter, her eyes narrowing slightly at her daughter, who just greeted this man with so much familiarity. She heard a sigh escape from the man, her eyes still locked on the sheepish expression that her daughter was making. She rolled her eyes a bit, though still confused about what was really happening. "Sorry, mom. Miles introduce his boss to me when he brought me to his internship"

"You are Parker Industries' owner" Lori said as a matter of fact. Maybe that was why she felt that she knew the man from before she even saw him in person. The adult briefly closed his eyes and gave a smile, in which she just sighed in return. "It was no wonder I felt as if I knew you from somewhere" She may have been in prison for over more than six month, but everyone in the prison knew about the newest corporation that was rising in popularity. "But why are you in charge of the program in the first place?

"Because I was the one who brought the idea of reforming villains to the mayor" She hummed a bit in recognition, even if she didn't have words to describe what she was feeling. She wanted to feel happy to be considered for the program, it gave her a chance to be with her daughter once more. But she could not deny that the temptation to act as a villain was still there. "As of now, Lori Baumgartner will be working in Parker Industries until the foreseeable future as a secretary. It will include a very rewarding pay and a household near the headquarters of my industry. Questions?"

She almost collapsed to the ground in sheer shock. She could see her smiling yet crying daughter. She really needed to take this chance given to her. It was unreal, a program that not only rewarded the ones participating in it, but gave them a chance to start anew. She nodded, really appreciating the chance she had gotten.

"Thank you..." Lori has always considered herself a very strong woman, doing whatever it was to keep her daughter from suffering what she has gone through. But deep down, she was as fragile as glass and knowing that she had this amazing chance to start over with her daughter by her side was the best feeling ever. "I won't let you down, Mister Parker..."

"I expect many things from you Miss Baumgartner, failure is not one of them" She smiled at the encouraging words from her newest boss. She had a slight pink-ish tone over her cheeks, feeling a slight heat rising to her face. Peter Parker, her boss, was like an angel descending from the heavens and giving her the opportunity to take care of her family without needing to resort to villainous activity. "You start tomorrow at seven in the morning. Don't be late"

"Of course!" She said, watching the man walk away. But not before long, she grabbed her daughter once more and hugged her a slightly tighter than before. She had a new life now, one where she could actually be a real mother to her beautiful Lana. And she was very happy that she was even considered.

But she couldn't help but also think that her new boss was an amazing and handsome man. She glanced at where he once was. Maybe she could use this opportunity and get to know him, and maybe invite him for dinner to show her appreciation for being considered for the program. But it was something that she could plan for the future. A future where she could finally have the life she always had wanted