Forever and Always (Aquaria Neptunia, aka Namora)

She hesitated, her hand near the doorbell of the house. She was finally able to muster courage to seek out the people that had taken care of her. It was way before she could actually walk on the surface, when she still had her mermaid tail. But she had been forced to adapt, and she had been able to visit the family for about ten years by now.

But she was always fearful of their reactions. She had left them without even saying farewell. She had felt a strong pull one night. She left on her wheelchair to the ocean and continued on with her life under the sea. She regretted not saying her farewells, mostly when age found out about Uncle Ben's death. She cried for weeks, regretting her actions quite a bit.

"A-Aquaria..." She turned around, her eyes widening in shock as she started to cry. She sobbed, her head looking down as she couldn't face the one who had called her name out loud. She was happy to be able to see that person. It was already the best day of her life. "Is... Is that you, my little siren?"

"Y-Yes..." She couldn't remember the last time she heard that nickname. It had been a long time ago, longer than she would have wanted it to be. She was happy to be able to hear it again, though. It made her feel like that child who struggled to walk on surface level. "Hi Aunt May..."

"Oh... My sweet siren..."Aquaria Neptunia, also known as Namora, reciprocated almost instantly the hug that she received from the elderly woman who had taken care of her. She fondly remembers the days where the two of them alongside Uncle Ben would just sit outside and enjoy the breeze near the ocean. Those were memories she would always treasure. "How I missed you, my dear..."

"I missed you too, Aunt May..." Namora held tight the elderly woman, holding back her enhanced strength. She went back a bit, looking at her aunt in all but blood. She kissed her cheek, just as she had done so many years ago. Aunt May has really not changed at all, looking almost the same.

"Come on in, dear... I know that Peter would be very happy to see you again" She gave a slight smile as she followed her aunt inside the house. It had been even more time since she had seen little Peter. She even chuckled a bit remembering just how he hid his face from her when he was embarrassed.

"Thanks, Aunt May... It would be nice to see Petey again..." Her day was all about remembering her past. She remembers those days playing with the nine year old nephew of Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Both would spend hours together and just have fun. It would be nice to see him again. "Is he inside?"

"He should be..." Namora chuckled sheepishly as she saw the slight serious face of Aunt May. She still had nightmares thanks to her stoic face. She didn't want to be on the receiving end of her disappointed face, it was worse than her stoic one. "Peter!"

"Coming, Aunt May!" Aquaria widens her eyes slightly in excitement. She would finally see Peter once again. She still had the image of the little kid who wanted to push her through the sand on her wheelchair. But a blush appeared on her face as soon as she saw the man he had become. "Na... I mean, Aquaria?! Your back!"

"Yes. I wanted to visit Aunt May" Peter gulped, never imagining that he would see her again. She had been one of the reasons that she also loved blonde women. But throughout his life as Spider-Man, he had gotten to know Aquaria in a different manner. Because she was Namora, an Atlantean and hero. "You have grown, Peter... And your glasses?"

"Y-Yeah... I don't need them any longer'' She hummed, looking at just how nervous the man was. She raised a brow slightly, confusion entering her being as soon as she noticed something. On the side of his neck, more on the back of his head, was a slight gash. "Though I still have them. They were Uncle Ben's..."

"Now... Why don't the two of you talk while I prepare lunch?!" Namora could see just how excited Aunt May was. She didn't regret coming to the house, because seeing her beautiful Aunt May smile brightly was enough to make her day. But as soon as May left the area, she narrowed her eyes at the already gulping Peter.

"Now... Why don't you tell me what happened on the back side of your neck? Don't tell me you-"

"No... I was in Horizon Lab and hit one of the machines. It's no big deal..." She narrowed her eyes, not believing the words stated by Peter. She didn't think that the little boy who could be as innocent as a fish, grew up to be a liar. She moved quickly, already behind him and holding one of his hands behind his back. Her eyes were analyzing the gash, and it was definitely not from a machine. "A-Aqua?!"

"Now... Why don't you tell me the truth, Peter?" She whispered. She was actually worried about him, he was still the little kid following her and telling her that he loved her. She never gave up on those feelings from the past, even if she had to make decisions that she would have prefered not to make. "Please... I'm worried about you..."

He stayed silent, his eyes looking down at the table in front of the two. He wanted to tell her the truth, but he couldn't risk her Aunt also finding out. But, would everything be worth it? He still remembers his apprentice, Miles Morales', universe and just how that version of Aunt May was safe and sound even with her knowing his identity. So he did what he thought was prudent enough, pulled down his shirt slightly.

"You're..." Aquaria whispered, her eyes widening in shock. She never expected him to be the arachnid hero of New York. She couldn't help but feel sorry for everything that he had to receive from people that hated him, including the hate he had received from her cousin. "Peter... Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I wanted to protect you..." Peter whispered, her hold already being dismissed. She was staring at him with a smile on her face. He really was that little kid from all of those years ago. He had just grown up to the amazing man in front of her. "I still love you, Aqua..."

"Me too, Petey..." She gave him a soft kiss on his lips. She would have never expected to kiss him in her life. But she was glad that she did, her heart felt a peace for once in her entire life. If she knew that coming back would have brought her peace, she would have been back ages ago. Better late than never... and she knew that well enough.