Unexpected Circumstances (Mary MacPherran, aka Titania)

"Julia? What the hell are you doing?" Peter Parker, a man known by his hero identity of Spider-Man, asked. He was looking at the red haired woman in her black and white suit. What confused him was the fact that she didn't look as she normally looks like. The woman looked way smaller than what he remembered and even had less muscles than ever. The woman in front of him looked like she couldn't even lift up a dumbell. "Weren't you trying to resolve your marriage?"

He was looking straight at Julia, or whoever it was underneath the Spider-Woman's outfit. He was fairly certain that the woman in front of him, looking at him with slight wide eyes, was not Julia Carpenter. Though he will reserve his judgement of the woman until he knows her better.

"I'm Mary. Mary MacPherran" The now known Mary stated, a slight gruff to her voice, one that he noticed immediately. He kept watching her, even as she looked away in slight shame. Something must have happened to the female dressed as Spider-Woman, he could see just how tense her shoulders were and just how disappointment just rolled out of the woman in question.

"Ok, then..." Peter really needed to be careful with his words. He knew that he was seen as a joke of a hero, but he was a hero nonetheless. "Mary..." He purposely waited, looking at the woman in front of him. He kept waiting, until the female just slightly moved her head up and down. It was barely noticeable, but he saw the movement. "Why are you dressed as the second Spider-Woman?"

"It's a long story..." She whispered, but he just stared right at her. He needed to know everything to know if the hero wannabe really was deserving of being a hero. "You wanna hear it anyways, do you?" He nodded, though he noticed that her question sounded more as if she had given up on trying to hide whichever secret it may be. "You see, my friend noticed that I physically looked very similar to the new Spider-Woman. So we decided to tell everyone I was her to be able to finally have a bit of popularity..."

"You are your friend were bullied, weren't you?" It wasn't a question, he could almost see it in her eyes. He didn't know why people gained enjoyment from treating people as if they were less than dirt. He had suffered through this as he was known as 'Puny Parker' because of his less muscular body from before the spider bit him.

"We just wanted to finally be seen as normal women... Have a chance at socializing with other" She kept on going, and it only worked to make Peter remember his own experience. It had been a whole painful upbringing. And also trying to hide the bruises that his own bully created on him from his aunt, was a hassle."But when the real Spider-Woman saved us, my friend and I had to run away from where we were. And before I know it, we get seperated and then you found me"

"I see..." Peter nodded, his eyes looking straight at the woman. His face was covered by his mask, wearing his newly repaired Spider-Man suit. His red and blue looked a bit shinier than ever. Though he feared that whatever happened was going to ruin everything for him and he would have to remake his outfit again. "I can see that you are a misunderstood woman. And the only thing that you wanted was a bit of fame to be able to glimpse at the life of someone popular" He could see the woman tense right in front of him. Maybe his words had dug deeper than what he had expected, but it would be better in the long run. She would need to realize the harsh reality before she was scarred even harder by it. "I just need you to remember that everything you do has repercussions. Know that whatever you decide to do, do the right thing"

He left, his eyes a bit focused on trying to solve whatever had happened to the world. He could see the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty side by side, and it was making him notice that whatever happened, it was worse than what he expected.

Timeskip

"What will I do?" Mary MacPherran whispered, looking at the picture of how she used to look. Her frail and small looking body had changed into a very powerful, tall and beautiful woman. It was all she ever wanted and yet, she now didn't know what to do.

She sighed, remembering that it was thanks to Dr. Doom that she even had the opportunity to be what she really wanted to be. But for the last week or two, because she had been involved with the villain of the Fantastic Four, she had been marked as a villain. Even when she saved a family from falling debris.

"I just need you to remember that everything you do has repercussions. Know that whatever you decide to do, do the right thing"

His words, the words of Spider-Man, still resonated through her mind. The hero had marked her beginning. To be someone better and to not let people get to her. So she kept trying, day and night, to help the people that needed the help. She even had done a couple of team-ups alongside the Sensational She-Hulk and even Spider-Man himself.

"Why did you have to fall for greed..." Her whisper was not heard by anyone. Not even the boyfriend she had, thanks to her slow uprising as a heroine, managed to hear her. He had been a blessing to her life, someone who stood by her in every shape and form. Her hands had picked yet another picture, one where a slim weak girl and an overweight woman were hugging each other with smiles on their faces. She missed her friend, who had fallen to greed and had become the villainess known as Volcana. "We could have been a great duo..."

"Mary? Why are you awake?" She looked back, looking just how Peter Parker, the man behind the mask of Spider-Man, rose from his slumbers. She placed the picture down and went towards Peter, kissing him with all the love she could muster. The man had changed her completely, from the frail looking girl to the outstanding and beautiful heroine. She was forever grateful for his intervention those weeks ago.