New Beginnings (Ann Darnell, aka Vapor)

Ann Darnell, also known as the villainess Vapor, was sitting on her bed while reading a book. She had nowhere to go, she was in her very own cell in prison. It was very boring, she had nothing else to do, and it was stressing her out. But just when she was about to close the book, she saw an elderly woman walking towards her cell.

"Someone's having fun" She smirked slightly, looking at the surprisingly well looking elder in front of her. She could definitely see that the grandmother in front of her cell had been a beautiful woman in her youth. Plus it surprised her at least to see her here at this hour. She knew that it was way past visiting hours. So something was up.

"I hate to be a bother, but are you Vapor?" She raised her eyebrow slightly, looking at the elder once more in slight amazement. She broke into prison, just to talk with her? The woman was definitely very tough if she managed all of that just to get to her.

"What gave it away?" Her sarcastic tone was very noticeable. She stood up from her bed and laid her book closed and bookmarked on top of the bed. Her eyes never left the elder, analyzing every single movement that was being made. It has been the sole reason she has been able to survive for this long. "You're a long way from the Bingo Hall, grandma"

"They usually close up shop around seven" Ann raised her eyebrows in confusion and shock. The elder was... answering back?! Oh... She really likes this woman. She wished she had a grandmother just like her. It would have definitely been a great experience. "I'm the only old bat with enough energy to still hang past sundown"

"Heh, I like you lady" Her smile widened. And just watching the soft smile that the woman in front of her made, was enough for Ann to listen to whatever the woman wanted to tell her. "You must be one tough bird if you managed to slip this deep past security" It was then that everything changed. Her expression took a more serious expression, her eyes slightly narrowed as she focused even further on the lady. "That also myst mean that you want something"

"Yeah, that's about the size of it, Vapor-"

"Call me Ann" She interrupted. If she was about to have a conversation with the old lady, the least she could do was call her by her actual name. Plus she was not in her full outfit, so there was no point in needing to call her by her villain name.

"Okay, Ann. I have a favor to ask" She nodded slightly. Her curiosity had been picked ever since she saw her walking towards her cell. But every second that past was a second longer that her curiosity increased. It was slightly irritating that she still didn't know what she needed. "I need something from you"

"What kind of something?" Ann asked, looking just as the lady searched her purse. Just how calm she saw the lady look made her feel like it was not something very important. But she didn't say anything. If the lady came all this way to her, then it must definitely be important for her. And then the lady took out her phone and gave the phone to her.

The special cell allowed objects to enter freely, but no living being could enter through the special designated cell. In any case, Ann took the phone and moved her eyes to the screen. What she saw made her blush slightly, a pink hue covering her cheeks. She was seeing pictures of a very handsome man, the unruly brown hair and the deep hazel eyes were hypnotizing her.

"This is my nephew, Peter" Ann hummed slightly, her mind making a mental note of the name she just heard. "He drives me absolutely crazy sometimes, but I love him more than the world. He's really all I have" Ann really felt sorry for her, she really did. But for the love of any god above, she didn't know why the lady was telling her all this. "He is, was, a student at Empire State University. And a couple of weeks back, he got roughed up pretty bad in the big fight you and your friends had with the Spider-Men"