Following Your Steps (Ava Orlova, aka Red Widow)

In the darkest of night, in the city of New York, we could see Spider-Man along with the Red Widow. They had just helped the Black Widow deal with some thugs and to be honest, Spider-Man was slightly ashamed to call Natasha a coworker in the hero department. The woman had not even acknowledged Ava Orlova after everything was said and done, leaving unannounced and leaving him with the angry red haired girl. And while Peter could understand some of the points that the Black Widow said, it had been the way she expressed herself that made everything go south.

"Everything she said is bull! I knew what I was doing! I was on the hunt, same as she would be" Ava was angry, her anger at the Black Widow rising ever so slightly. She stared right at Spider-Man, looking at the arachnid hero with a side glance. She wanted to hear what he had to say about everything that happened. Maybe he was on her side and could see that she was fully committed to the super hero activities she had been doing for a while now.

"Look... I may not agree with Natasha with how she expressed herself, but some of her arguments were correct. You were enjoying this way too much" Spider-Man said, sighing a bit as he could clearly notice the increasing anger inside the member of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agency and apprentice to the Black Widow. "I'm not saying that everything was bad. We stopped the criminal and that is good in my book. But you let your ego cloud your judgement, and with all the training you had... Natasha and I both knew that if you had taken everything seriously from the start, all would have ended way faster"

"So? She and I are partners! But all she sees me as is her sidekick!" The Red Widow said, trying to find the answers that her mind was trying to solve. Ever since she started this second life as a heroine, she had tried time and time again to make the famous Black Widow see her as an equal and not as just someone accompanying her from time to time. But each and every time she even had the chance to demonstrate her true value, the woman seemed to ignore everything she did.

"She does not see you as her sidekick. That much I can assure you" Spider-Man said, watching as the Red Widow softened her eyes a bit. He sighed as he placed a hand on her shoulder, making her look at him in bewilderment. He smiled underneath his mask, trying to give the girl some kind of support for what she was going through. "And while I don't know her motives for treating you this way... I may guess why she is trying to push you even further"

"Push me even further?" Those words made Ava even more confused as she saw the more experienced hero nod his head. She knew that she still had more to learn, her mind was already set on trying to get better at what she does. But why mention that the Black Widow wanted to push her further? What was Natasha's objective along with what she wanted?

"You have yet to experience what it is like to lose... I, Natasha and many other heroes have experienced the abyss. And though you have seen the darkness that the world has to show, you have yet to go to the edge of the abyss" Spider-Man stated, looking at the dark sky as he remembered his uncle Ben. He had been in the abyss ever since he started his journey as a hero. And while most heroes out there would chalk off Spider-Man as a mediocre hero thanks to all of his jokes, those who really knew him and those close to him knew why he said those jokes. Because the abyss could corrupt any person and Peter negated the corruption with his jokes, though said jokes also worked to make his enemies mad and act irrationally.

"That self righteous-"

"Ava..." The woman in question stopped talking, immediately focused on the arachnid hero that was there with her. While she couldn't see his eyes, she knew for a fact that his facial expression was a serious one. "That place... Is a place where if you go deep enough, you won't care about what you do. Where hope dies and people suffer because of it" She could see the seriousness of the situation, and she could understand the gravity of it. That was the sole reason why she treated this as a game, to not go far enough into whichever place Spider-Man was talking about and do something she may regret. "Are you willing to go far enough to know about the abyss but not far enough to stop caring about your actions?"

The silence that immediately followed his question was enough for Peter. He sighed, he had high hopes for Ava. He expected her to answer his question with conviction. He explained everything without most of the bullshit that Natasha would have said. She would have just let her know that she was not ready and left. Peter really tried to let her know what was happening... But it seems that she was not ready yet to be her own hero.

"We're done here..." This made Ava snap out of her thoughts as she saw Spider-Man walking away. She was thinking hard about the question, and it was a no-brainer that she would do anything to protect the civilians of New York and any place that may need her help. But seeing Spider-Man walk away, it made her think that the hero was also underestimating her as well, making her even angrier.

"This isn't over! Why are you telling me all this?! If I suit up it is because I want to help! Isn't that proof enough?!" Ava shouted, her rage stopping Spider-Man from walking any further. She walked past him, standing in front of the older hero with her hand crossed underneath her slightly developed chest. She saw how the lenses of the arachnid hero closed before they opened again.

"No" Peter saw how the eyes of the female widened in shock at his answer. He had seen many people suit up, trying to be heroes. But, are they true heroes? He knew that if those people wanted, they could be great heroes but right now... All they were doing was a joke to the hero society. "Anyone can dress up and play the hero, Ava. Is the actions and morals of said person that define if he is a true hero or not. And you, while showing conviction beyond most heroes, are taking this job as if it was all a game. And your actions tonight had made that clear to me and to the Black Widow"

"How dare you?!" She roared as she walked once more over to Spider-Man, who started to walk away. But she didn't let him leave. She couldn't believe that the hero that she thought that would side with her would actually side with Natasha of all people! She punched his chest, but the arachnid hero didn't even budge. "I'm in this because of people like you and Natasha! I did what both of you would have done! I made it work!"

But her next attack was for naught, because Spider-Man dodge it easily thanks to his senses. She kept attacking and attacking, trying to find a weak point in the fighting stance of the arachnid hero but all he did was dodge. She was stressed enough that she faked an attack, only so she could grasp the hero's head with her heels and toss him into the ground of the rooftop they were. Getting on top of the arachnid hero and not letting him move as her hands were grasping the wrists of the older hero.

It was then, however, that she calmed down a bit and realized that Spider-Man was never on Natasha's side. His talk from before was to let her know that she needed that extra push to be better, to become a better version of herself. She began to see Spider-Man in a new light, something she had started to see ever since Natasha talked about the man in their many training sessions from time to time. But this moment sealed the deal, it made her realize that the arachnid hero was so much more.

"Ava?" Spider-Man was worried for the female on top of him. And his worries turned to confusion when her hands left his wrists, only to move towards his mask. He felt as she started to roll it over, stopping when the mask was over his nose. And before he could say or do anything at all, she kissed him on the lips, moaning all the way.

She moved her hips, enticing the hero underneath her as she continued the kiss. She needed this, someone that truly believed in her. And while having sex with the man had been the lastest thing she would actually do, thinking about it now... It was really tempting for her to not do what her body wanted. And she had to admit that Spider-Man had an amazing body, so having sexual intercourse with the man was a dream come true.

Peter couldn't help but kiss back the red haired woman. Many times he had said it to himself, red haired women were his kryptonite. So it practically didn't take long for Peter to hug Ava with his right hand as his left hand went towards her ass, grasping it and making the female moan even further.

She stopped the kiss, sitting over the growing member that was underneath her. A slight smirk appeared on her face as she grasped her scarf. She tossed it away, not caring what would happen to it. She didn't care about anything at the moment, all she cared about was herself and Spider-Man... nothing else. So taking the upper part of her costume off, revealing her light red bra to the arachnid hero, she moved once more into the attack, kissing the hero that didn't even try to move. She hoped that their time together would be fruitful to their relationship.