Magnetic Pull (Lorna Dane, aka Polaris)

The windy air of spring was happy, not too fast but not slow either. Slashes of air made way to the location of a green haired woman whose heart was left broken and the pieces were left on the floor.

Her hair moved through the wind, as if representing the ocean's waves. The beauty of her hair left little to be explained. Shining with the lights of the stars that illuminated the night, Lorna Dane cried and cried again.

The tears tasted salty as they reached her green painted lips. Some of those tears even found themselves down on the floor of the balcony of her designated room in the X-Mansion, the place where she was currently staying. Her tears were unstoppable, free falling from her eyes, through her cheeks and unto either her mouth or the ground.

She wanted to stop crying. Nothing would have changed if she kept on crying for nothing. But her heart really believed that he was the one, the one that would have made her happy beyond belief. But dreams are just that... Dreams.

Oh, how she wished this was a dream. To suddenly wake up covered by the sheets of her bed, sweating and to find him preoccupied for her. The tears she was shedding would have turned into ones of joy, but her life has never been easy.

She couldn't help but look down, the sight making her shed even more tears. She wanted him to be with her, not this... stank... but it seems that they were already together, if the scream of joy that erupted from the female's lips meant anything to her.

Alex Summers had just asked Madelyne Pryor to be his girlfriend and she accepted.

Time Skip

She walked aimlessly. She knew that she was looking for the professor, but she didn't have the strength of will to even move at all. Her eyes were puffy from all the tears she let out before falling asleep, which only made her suffer more as the images she was seeing were of a happy family that both Alex and Madelyne would have.

Here feet were being dragged down the floor, not even wanting to lift them up. She felt as if everything in her life was a nightmare. That she couldn't have what any normal girl has always wished for in the future: a family. Even from birth, she was not with her biological family, instead she was adopted into the Dane family.

Lorna stopped walking hearing a screeching sound that was similar to those of a wheelchair, and dragged herself once more through the mansion that served to help and protect mutants.

Couldn't anyone see that she just wanted to be appreciated... To live a happy life and have kids. She didn't care about anything else. Being a heroine was a plus in her book, but all she ever wanted was to be in a family that was able to understand her.

"Is something troubling you, Miss Dane?" Lorna suddenly stopped as she heard the wise sounding voice of the one she was looking for. Blinking a few times, she noticed that the man was in front of her, a worried look on his face, trying to figure out what conflicted the young mutant with only his sight.

Charles Xavier, or Professor X, has always tried to help those in need, and the person that needed him was Lorna. He didn't want to be intrusive to her thoughts, those were her own and not his to manipulate.

"Professor..." Lorna's voice resonated through Charles' ears, the voice of a broken and in pain girl. He could clearly see the puffy eyes, meaning she cried herself to sleep.

"What is wrong? Anything you need?" Charles wanted to help in any way he could. And right now, he was feeling guilty for not knowing how to help Lorna, as he knew what was her affliction. A broken heart.

He was sure that a broken heart was the only thing he could not help with. Sure he could erase any feeling the woman had for the male with a single telepathic motion, but he knew that it was wrong to do so.