Reasons of Life (Lady Death, aka the Dark Beauty)

He was dead, literally in the palms of Death herself. She had claimed his soul, alongside a little girl who he had tried to save from death. And yet, here he was unable to fix his mistake while he implored for the representation of Death itself to have mercy on the girl's soul.

"Lady Death, I apologize if I am speaking out of turn but know that I don't do this for myself" He spoke, falling onto his knees as he couldn't think of what else to do in this situation. He needed to make things right, to be able to save the girl from her death. He was a hero, he felt compelled to save lives. And he worries quite a bit, but he never wants to see anyone die on his watch. "I implore you for the little girl"

He heard nothing, the representation of Death looking straight at him as if she was about to destroy his soul and be done with it. And yet, nothing came but the chills of being looked at by the skeleton face of Death. He had already expected to be denied, but the silence of the woman was beginning to scare him way too much. Until his eyes widened in shock, looking at Death with surprised confusion.

"You are letting me go?" Peter was already starting to fade away, his eyes immediately going to the little girl who was near the two. But he couldn't find her, though a look at a pond nearby he saw that the girl was fluttering her eyes open in the hands of her mother. "But, why?" He needed to ask, confusion filling him up. The pressure of being in front of the representation of Death was already hard enough for him. And he was right to ask his previous question. As nothing came for free. "I owe you something? But what is it?"

But it was by then that he felt pain, flinching as his head throbbed like crazy and saw that he was back on the rooftop with the mother and daughter duo. He didn't know what he owes Lady Death, but knowing that he had gained his chance to be able to right his wrongs was enough for him to start his job as Spider-Man once more. He just hoped that whatever he owed Death meant someone else's life.

Time Skip

"Wade, can you speak more clearly?" Peter Parker, also known as Spider-Man, was swinging through the buildings expertly. It had been years since that fateful day where he felt that he convinced Lady Death to forgive the little girl, who he later found out was named Angelina. And he had yet to hear from the representation of Death ever again.

"Look, if you just keep swinging and then take a left after five minutes, you will see what I am talking about!" Wade, surprisingly, didn't sound as he always used to talk. The straight forward answer even made him worry for the Merc with a Mouth. Deadpool never, ever gives straight forward answers. And just hearing him just yell out the directions he had to take, Peter wasted no time in doing so. "Now if you excuse me, I have to see if I can coerce the author to finally make a One-Shot about my female version. I am still waiting you piece of-"

And it was there that Peter cut off the call, actually relieved that Wade hadn't changed that much. Maybe the mercenary gave him a straight answer at first because it was his job to do so. Peter really didn't know, but he also didn't have time to really think about it. Taking the left just as Deadpool detailed, he was finally realizing that it was due.

On the roof of a very specific black building, stood a woman with a purple cloak covering her entire body. He knew by now that the woman was probably Death coming towards him to gain her favor. He sighed, deciding to seal his fate once and for all. He knew that he could never escape Death, it was the cycle of life. But to actually be seeked out by her representation was all he needed to know that it was his time.

Peter landed softly on the roof, a small melancholic smile underneath his mask as he stared right at the woman. He couldn't see her face, actually being shadowed by the cloak she was currently wearing. He stepped forward, his mind already knowing that it would not take long.

"Peter Parker..." Peter blinked, confused as to why even say his name. He knew that Death knew everything, so she knowing his name wasn't really any shock to him. What shocked him was the fact that the woman hadn't done anything of what he had thought would happen. "I have come to cash in my favor" He nodded, already expecting those words from the woman. What he didn't expect, however, was when the female removed her hood and revealed a very beautiful woman with fair skin and black hair. Her purple eyes seemingly pierced whatever she was looking at, but when her eyes directed themselves to his own, it dropped into a sincere look. "I want us to unite ourselves in matrimony"

"T-That's it?" Peter found it very hard to believe that what Lady Death wanted was to marry him. He didn't even know what he did to even gain her favor apart from trying to protect a little girl from reaching her time before she could really experience life. So imagine his surprise when a black ring seemingly appeared on his left hand.

"Now... Let us be one..." She walked towards him, her hand landing on his own. He could see the beautiful ring in her left hand, the black ring with a blood colored ruby on top adorning the ring. He looked back towards her, his mask in her hands. Just how she removed his mask was left unanswered, because it was at that moment that she kissed him on the lips.

He didn't know just why she chose him to be her husband, but he was definitely not going to try and get out of it. He was sure that it would be one ticket straight to being consumed by the nothingness that was her realm. So he was actually thankful that her favor was not anything major. Because this was one favor that he knew that he would not break.