Don't Walk Away (Sarah Rushman, aka Marrow)

"There..." She punched him, her anger getting over her judgment. Her mind was thankful of the hero saving her from the S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives from before. But she just wanted to be left alone. The world had denounced her yet again, so she would denounce the world. "Is..." A kick to his midsection, her glare seemingly heating up as she fought the man in front of her. She was taking advantage of the man, as she could see that he was not really fighting her. "Not..." She tackled him, her hips strandeling the hips of her adversary. She was on top of him, one of her many bone protrusions was now in both of her hands, seemingly ready to kill the man underneath her. "Sarah!"

She was breathing erratically, her chest moving in sync to her breathing pattern. She still had her glare at the man underneath her, her hands seemingly moving to stab the man. But she always ended up retreating the bone protrusion back away. She wanted to end everything, end every single connection she may have ever had and he was the last one. She had ended her connection to the X-Men, destroyed her connections to every friend she had made in Empire State University. The only thing that she needed to destroy was her affections for Peter Parker and the nuisance that was Spider-Man, who was the man underneath her right now.

"There are only Marrow and Web-Man" She snarled, her hands tightening the weapon in her hands. She wanted to end everything right this second, to finally be free from the clutches from her past. And she will soon be able to do so. All she needed to do was move her hands down and everything will soon be over. She just needed to act. "And now there will be only Marrow!"

"I don't believe that" Spider-Man started, looking into Marrow's eyes. He could definitely see the hesitation in her eyes, even just by looking at her arms was answer enough. He could still see Sarah through the eyes of Marrow, asking him for help. And he would be damned if he was not able to provide said help. "I have seen you, Sarah. I know you are still there" Peter Parker, the identity of the hero, knew that Sarah would give up so easily. She was an amazing woman with an amazing future in store for her. He believed in Sarah, so he really couldn't let her toss everything away. "S.H.I.E.L.D. didn't create her, Marrow... they set her free"

"The world had killed Sarah!" He looked almost apologetic. He knew just how harsh the world could be, he had experienced it first hand. But he had to stop her before she would do anything that Sarah would never forgive herself of doing. But even then, he knew that there was nothing he could do. He was trapped underneath her, with no escape. "The ugly world hates uglier!"

"I have looked into your eyes, Sarah..." He whispered, his eyes falling slightly as he just stared at her with caring eyes. And while he knew that she couldn't see him face to face, he wished to think that he may have gotten through her. From the short time they had gotten to know each other, the connection between the two had gotten deeper. He didn't want to miss this chance. "You are not ugly"

*STAB*

"And if you wanted to kill me..." He was whispering right now, his hands slowly moving towards her, snaking around her back and pulling her closer to his own body. And while he was slightly embarrassed about feeling her chest against his own, he hugged her with needed force. He could see the tears running down her eyes, which made him feel quite bad for her. She deserved so much more than just being shunned by society. "You would have actually stab me in the chest"

Marrow didn't know why she moved her hands away from her original destination. She didn't even know if she was even really crying or it was the rain running down her pink skin. All she knew was that the protrusion she had created from her bone was actually stabbed on the concrete of the roof, leaving it slightly cracked. All she wanted was to let go of her painful past, eliminate everything that may remind her of it.

"Marrow just wants to be free..." She whispered, her head dropping slightly down, truly coming face to face with the hero. If she couldn't kill Spider-Man, then the least she could do was get to see the man behind the mask. So she moved her hand from the spiky bone she had in her hand, and swiftly removed the mask of the hero. Her eyes widened slightly, her hand shakily letting go of the mask. She was looking straight at the man who had actually looked beyond just her being her, the one in the entire world who never considered her ugly. "M-Mister P-Parker..."

"Hey, Sarah... I see that you're back to your normal self" She let out a gasp as she chuckled. She was actually surprised about knowing that Peter was actually Spider-Man. But thinking back to his words, it should have been very obvious that Peter Parker and Spider-Man were one in the same. The way he talked, the way he reacted to her speech, everything was a red flag that should have alerted her about it. But nothing mattered right now, because it was just herself and Peter.

"Thank you..." She neared her face to his own, reclining her forehead against his own. She was thankful that she really had not stabbed him in the heart. Her mentality as Marrow was still in control, but her mentality as Sarah was fighting. Both were merging, if she had to describe what she thinks is really happening. But her mind didn't want to think of anything, she just wanted to enjoy her moment with him. "For not giving up on Sarah..."

"Never..." She smiled, tears falling down her face as she just enjoyed their moment together. From the worst moment of her life to the best, she was finally accepted just by being who she is. She didn't have to pretend to be someone she was not. She was happy, so very much that she almost could not believe it. A dream came true for her tonight. She never wanted to be alone ever again, enjoying the warmth he provided her with.