Wanting a Future With You (Julia Carpenter, aka Arachne)

Spider-Man was helping one of his long time friends Julia Carpenter, better known as Arachne, and her protégée Anya Corazón, better known as Spider-Girl, by untying the rope that was binding them. He was angry, the instinct to hunt the one who had kidnapped his little extra family was on full force. He was not going to forgive them that easily. It was time to cross the line, it was time to become a new Spider-Man.

"Cassandra needs help..." Spidey heard Anya say and his rage increased. They were willing to even hurt an old lady to get to him?! The same old lady who guided him in the past! Sure she was very cryptic with her messages, but she had been one of the only people who believed in him!

"Take care of her, please" An angered Spider-Man said, making Julia look at him with worried eyes while she massaged her wrist. The force that the rope was making had damaged her wrists a bit.

"What are you doing?" Julia asked, slight fear and confusion in her face. Honestly she didn't even want to ask. She has never seen Spider-Man this angry, not even once. It was always him joking around and making other heroes and villains suffer from those jokes... But now she really wanted those jokes back. Seeing him this serious... It made her fear what he was becoming.

"I'm going to kill Sasha Kravinoff" Spidey said, following the matriarch of the Kravinoff family. Anya decided to follow him, before he does something he may not really want to do. The guilt he was going to feel after doing said deed... It would be with him for the rest of his life. Plus, she was practically ordered to do so by Cassandra Webb.

"Hush, Cassandra, let me try to help..." Julia shushed Cassandra, trying to find a way to help the blind old woman on her lap. So many of them had died... She didn't want to see more Spiders die at the hand of these lunatics. She wanted to see her daughter again. "I hope you are safe at home with your grandparents..."

"You're a very beautiful girl. When was the last time someone told you that?" Cassandra said, surprising Julia to the core. Wasn't she blind?! How could she see her? It made no sense. But she remembered the last time some called her beautiful. Subconsciously or not, she thought of that time she was talking with Spider-Man a long time ago, and while she was flattered to hear such words from the man that had become a part of her little family, she was married at the time.

"I... I thought you were blind..."

"I was... I'm sorry..." Cassandra said, making Julia confused as to why she was apologizing. "That there isn't time for explanations... And for what I'm going to do next. My final sin... for the good of the web" Cassandra stated, making Julia even more confused. Julia tried to question Cassandra, she really did... but it seemed to be futile. "Someone has to see. With fresh eyes" When Cassandra finished and died from the wound she already had, Julia's eyes widened in shock.

"Oh my god" Was the only thing Julia said as she began to see what appeared to be different versions of all the Spider-Men and Spider-Women that were out there across the... multiverse?! That was a thing?!

In any case, she saw every single life that every Spider had lived and it was an amazing experience to see all of them. But then she arrived at the Center of the Web and all she could see was pain and suffering. It came to a shock that the Center was actually Spider-Man... or better yet, Peter Parker. Knowing the name of the one behind the mask, helped a bit in knowing him but she couldn't help but look at Peter's life and not cry. The amount of suffering he has experienced was the worst out of the entire clan of Spiders.

Tears threatened to fall out of her eyes as she constantly was trying to remember one time... just one time where the Center has not suffered, but she couldn't find it. It was then that She saw another vision, one which made her gasp.