The Red String of Fate and Love (Sonja, aka Red Sonja)

The grasp of darkness that was holding her was leaving bringing an eerie light to her as she opened her eyes. Her eyes blinked thrice, trying to adapt to the current source of dimmed light that was hitting her eyes. She slightly opened them, getting to see that she was trapped alongside the man that was helping her, both crucified in a 'X' formation. The tree's binds were locking over, as if magic was manipulating the trees to keep both heroes confined.

"NNHHH... What dark spell binds me? She asked, trying to forcefully break the tree but to no use. The woman's name is Sonja, but she had many aliases like Sonja the She-Devil, and Red Sonja.

"Welcome back to the party, Red" Sonja looked sideways to see Spider-Man or, as she also knew him, Peter Parker. The hero's costume was damaged, barely hanging by threads of red and blue, who were glued by webbing as to not be naked from the neck to the waist. "Looks like I failed you"

"No." She answered his doubts. "For once I fought for love instead of revenge... and it is I who has failed both you and... your ex-wife... whose body I have usurped!" Red Sonja exclaimed, bringing Peter to sigh at her.

Love...

It was something that he had thought he lost the day Mary Jane left him. Leaving him all alone to continue her work as an actress. The whole scenario was so very hard to handle. Through all this fighting with Sonja, he had developed a very high attraction to her. I mean... A bikini chain mail?! Leaving everything for the mind to wander was a very provocative outfit. But her feelings were coming from MJ's feelings. Sonja told him earlier that she could hear MJ's voice in her head and could also feel the love she still felt for him.

It made him slightly happy that MJ still loves him... to some extent, but that ship has far since sailed, and now he had another boat in his sight and he was not going to let it leave.

"I have no more speeches for these two worms. They do not deserve to hear my words or know their fate. Time grows short..." An eerie voice stated, as she could see the symbiote covered Kulan Gath holding her sword as if he was the owner.

"Sure sounded like a... speech to me" She could hear it, the tired voice of Peter Parker mocked towards Gath, which earned Peter a harsh glare from her villain and a glob of black webbing to his mouth.

"Silence" Gath's glare didn't relented as a scowl was seemingly plastered around his face. "Your blood is mine to do with as I wish. I shall funnel its energy into my amulet, so I will never again have to seek a new body. For this mighty form will ensure my ultimate victory!" The maniacal grin that Gath tried to make still looked like a scowl.

She could only watch as Gath walked towards her and brought her own sword up in front of her, as if to cut her down completely. She glared at Gath, she couldn't believe that this would end this way. Many times she has fought against him in the past, but with the symbiote strengthening him to enormous levels and being trapped, left her with no other choice. Except someone had given both heroes a chance to escape. A civilian had interrupted Gath's 'holy ritual'.

"You! Return what you have stolen from me! The Venom is mine! Mine!!" The pleadings of the civilian angered Gath, but something began to happen as other civilians began to fight against the goblin army of Kulan Gath.

"No... The Black Beast... It fights to leave me!" Gath shouted, trying to keep control over the slime that has been giving him the strength to fight against Spider-Man and against the She-Devil.

"Sonja, if you have any strength left, now is the time..."Peter said as he began to use more force to break the surprisingly hard wood snare he was in. He could see that Sonja was doing the same.

"That strange weapon and Gath's foul magic has hurt me, true, but while my strength may be low... My will..." Cracks could be heard coming from both trapped heroes. "My will is boundless!" With that, Sonja got free from her binds, same with Spider-Man.