Chapter 24: Back With Karasuno

"(y/n)-saaaaaaan!"

The resounding wails of joy filled (y/n)'s ears as Tanaka and Nishinoya sprinted towards her, enveloping her in a tight embrace. Their longing for her presence during practice was palpable as they unabashedly expressed their relief at her return.

A warm chuckle escaped (y/n)'s lips as she gradually extricated herself from their vice-like grip. Looking around, she spotted her entire team gathered, including her brother, creating a joyful chorus of greetings and reunions.

"Hinata, you haven't lost any of your energy, I see!" (y/n) exclaimed, her voice laced with fondness.

"Of course not! I've been practicing my jumps just for your return!" Hinata declared, his enthusiasm evident in every word.

Asahi and Sugawara, the team's reliable pillars of support, instantly surrounded (y/n), their concern etched on their faces.

"Welcome back, (y/n)-san! We were worried about you," Sugawara said with a warm smile.

"Yeah, glad to have you back safely," Asahi added, his deep voice filled with relief.

Yamaguchi, ever the shy one, offered a timid hello, his genuine smile lighting up his face.

"Hey, (y/n)! It's good to see you again," Yamaguchi greeted, his voice slightly nervous but filled with sincerity.

Tsukishima, unable to resist his signature sarcasm, couldn't resist a snide remark as his way of expressing his recognition of her return.

"Well, look who decided to grace us with their presence. Did you bring any luck with you?" Tsukishima quipped, a hint of amusement in his tone.

Daichi and Ennoshita, the dependable captains, greeted her with a reassuring pat on the back, their silent gestures speaking volumes.

"Good to have you back, (y/n)-san. We missed your spirit on the court," Daichi said, his voice steady and comforting.

"Yeah, you've been a great help, (y/n)-san. Welcome back," Ennoshita added, his warm smile reflecting his sincerity.

And of course, Kageyama, in his signature style, bellowed a boisterous welcome accompanied by a respectful bow.

"(y/n)! You're finally back! We've been waiting for you!" Kageyama exclaimed, his voice carrying a mix of excitement and pride.

The team's lively banter and genuine camaraderie filled the air, creating a sense of warmth and belonging. (Y/n) couldn't help but feel a surge of happiness, knowing she was back where she truly belonged, surrounded by her volleyball family.

"Well, it's good to see you back in one piece, Jinx," Keishin remarked with a playful smile.

"Awe, I know you missed me," (y/n) retorted, her voice laced with playful affection as she gazed up at him.

Suddenly, a small yip resonated from (y/n)'s sports bag, capturing everyone's attention. Kenta, his furry head emerging from the makeshift hole she had made for him, scanned his new surroundings with uncontainable excitement.

"Umm, why do you have a dog, Jinx?" Keishin inquired, curiosity coloring his tone.

"Surprise?" (y/n) replied with a soft giggle, her eyes gleaming mischievously.

"Arf!" Kenta barked, his tiny voice contributing to the commotion.

"Dammit, (y/n)!" Keishin exclaimed, his exasperation mingling with a hint of amusement.

...

The sound of squeaking shoes and voices calling out filled the air as (y/n) and Keishin made their way into the gym, Kenta trotting along happily by their side. The familiar rhythm of a volleyball practice resonated through the space, creating an atmosphere of energy and determination.