Chapter 125: Extra Practice

The echoes of Shiratorizawa's seasoned third-years and the authoritative coaches gradually faded, leaving (y/n) amidst the spirited rookies and diligent ball boys, diligently restoring order to the gymnasium after the day's rigorous training.

Koganegawa fervently canvassed the gymnasium, seeking a willing partner for additional practice. His hopeful inquiries, however, were met with swift rebuttals from the nonchalant Tsukishima and the laid-back Kunimi, both dismissing the notion of any further drills with an air of disinterest that seemed almost tangible.

Undeterred by their reluctance, Koganegawa persisted, his enthusiasm undiminished. In the midst of this, (y/n) gracefully entered the scene, her presence injecting a fresh dynamic into the unfolding scenario. Observing the discouragement on Tsukishima's face, she couldn't resist intervening, a playful glint in her eyes.

"Come on, String Bean, a little extra practice never hurt anyone," she teased, her tone laced with good-natured encouragement. "Besides, you could use some more time on the court."

Tsukishima shot her a reproachful glance, the irritation evident in his furrowed brows. "I don't need extra practice," he asserted, a touch of defiance in his voice.

Kunimi, leaning against a nearby wall, chimed in with his usual nonchalant demeanor, "Yeah, (y/n)-san, don't go making us work more than we have to."

Undeterred, (y/n) smirked, her playful banter persisting. "Come on, it's not like I'm asking you guys to climb a mountain. Just a bit of extra practice won't kill you. Plus, it might help you loosen up a bit."

Tsukishima's annoyance grew more apparent, a low grumble escaping him. Koganegawa, sensing a potential ally, decided to capitalize on the opportunity. "See, even (y/n)-san thinks it's a good idea. You don't want to be left behind, do you?"

As the banter continued, the gymnasium echoed with a mixture of playful arguments and reluctant agreements, creating an atmosphere charged with the prospect of an unexpected practice session.

Kindaichi, catching wind of Koganegawa's plight, sauntered into the conversation with a wry smile playing on his lips. "Koganegawa, my man, you've got the right spirit but the wrong targets," he chuckled, gesturing towards Tsukishima and Kunimi, who maintained their stoic disinterest.

Koganegawa looked at him quizzically, prompting Kindaichi to elaborate, "These two aren't exactly the 'let's go for some extra practice' types. You might have better luck trying to convince a rock to move."

As the statement elicited a reluctant smirk from Koganegawa, Kindaichi continued, "But fear not, my friend, for I shall join you in your quest for improvement. After all, every great journey needs a companion, right?" He shot a glance toward (y/n), a subtle invitation lingering in his eyes.

(Y/n), catching Kindaichi's gaze, couldn't help but chuckle at his theatrics. "Well, if you're going, then so am I. Tsukishima, you might as well join in; it's not like you have anything better to do," she teased, a mischievous grin playing on her lips.

Tsukishima, visibly annoyed by the collective efforts to rope him into the extra practice, retorted, "I have plenty to do, unlike some people who apparently have time for unnecessary drills."

The banter continued, punctuated by Koganegawa's contagious optimism and (y/n)'s persistent attempts to cajole the reluctant players. The gymnasium, once resonating with the echoes of practice, now hummed with a lively energy as the prospect of an impromptu extra session gained momentum.

With a lively twinkle in her eyes, (y/n) declared, "Count us in for the extra practice! It's a great opportunity, Tsukishima." Her optimism was met with an audible grumble from Tsukishima, who folded his arms in protest.