Chapter 61: Heading Home

Lost in her thoughts, (y/n) continued to make her way down the street with her eyes down. She was deep in contemplation, going over the plans for the upcoming match with Karasuno. Normally, the sound of Kenta's paws would shake her concentration, but this time it took bumping into someone's chest and dropping the leash for her to snap out of it.

"Hmm? And who might you be? You lost? I can help if you want," a playful voice cooed, catching (y/n)'s attention. She looked up to see a tall teenager with spiky brown hair and droopy hazel eyes staring down at her. Giving him a deadpan stare, (y/n) huffed and glanced over to see a slightly shorter teen with jet black hair and sharp cut bangs who was also looking at her.

Choosing to ignore their playful banter, (y/n) called out to Kenta, who had run ahead. However, when he didn't come running back, (y/n) poked her head out from around the boys and nearly choked at the sight before her. There was Kenta, circling a pissed-off looking Ushijima, who couldn't seem to take a single step as the pup constantly intervened.

Bursting into laughter, (y/n) just pointed at the flustered third-year, leading to the confusion of the other two. Ushijima caught sight of (y/n) and shot her an unimpressed gaze. "Why won't your dog stop circling me?" he questioned.

"He probably wants to see you face-plant. Frankly, I think I want to see that too," (y/n) jeered playfully. Although barely noticeable, (y/n) still managed to catch sight of the ace's eyebrow twitching at her comment.

'I'm assuming she's still unimpressed with my words towards her friends from the last time we met,' Ushijima thought to himself, trying to get away from Kenta's persistent circling.

The taller boy, Tendou, began howling in laughter with (y/n) at her response. "Hey, Wakatoshi-kun," he chimed in. "You know this girl?"

"She is the assistant coach of Karasuno," Ushijima simply responded.

"You're an assistant coach!? You must be really talented," the black-haired boy, Goshiki, added in.

"Uh, thanks," (y/n) awkwardly replied, not used to such compliments.

"Wait, I remember you now!" Tendou exclaimed. "You're the Conniving Crow of Karasuno!"

"I have a nickname?" (y/n) asked, genuinely surprised.

"No, it's just Tendou-senpai who calls you that," Goshiki explained. "He came up with it when the rumors about the strong assistant coach of Karasuno started. Although, you are known as the conniving assistant coach."

"Woo. Go me," (y/n) sarcastically cheered. "Anyway, I'm assuming you're both on the Shiratorizawa team with Mister Superiority over there."

The two nodded, confirming (y/n)'s assumption. Before they could speak up, however, Kenta scurried over to them, curious and eager to check them out. The older of the two boys watched in amusement as the Shikoku pup sniffed his sneakers and pawed at his shins. The younger one, on the other hand, stood stiff as can be, putting Kenta on edge.

"You really should relax, otherwise, he'll freak out and get upset with you," (y/n) pointed out.

"R-right! I apologize," the boy quickly bowed, realizing his mistake.

"No need to be so serious. I guess I should probably introduce myself since SOMEONE," (y/n) shot a glare at Ushijima, "didn't feel it was necessary. I'm Ukai (y/n), but you can just call me (y/n)."

"Letting me use your first name already? Wow, I didn't think you'd fall for me that fast!" Tendou teased, wearing a mischievous grin. "I'm Tendou Satori, a third-year! You can just call me whatever you like, Cutie. You know, I got this new magazine the other day, and you could totally be in it. You've definitely got the right body for it."