Chapter 92: Pre-Match Excitement

The Karasuno team huddled together, going over the match roster and discussing their upcoming game.

"When are we up...?" Sugawara questioned, flipping through the schedule. "The third game, was it?"

"Yeah, on court A," Daichi confirmed, scanning the timetable. "Right after Date Tech's match."

The cheers from the enthusiastic fans around them made them look up. The first matches seemed very popular, as the gymnasium was alive with energy.

"The first game on court A is Shiratorizawa's," Daichi continued, pointing towards the designated court. "And the first on court B is Aoba Johsai."

"That explains all the noisy fangirls," (y/n) glanced around with an amused smile. "So annoying..."

"Oh!" Sugawara suddenly exclaimed, spotting something interesting on the schedule. "So, 'The Queen' gets court C first?"

"'The Queen'?" Hinata questioned, his curiosity piqued.

"Haven't heard of them before..." (y/n) looked interested, trying to recall if she had come across that name before.

"What? You haven't?" Sugawara wondered. "They've been Miyagi's representative on the girls' side for nationals for years now."

"Is that so..." (y/n) observed them from afar. "Niiyama High..."

"Oh! If (y/n)-san had decided to join the girls' team, she would have to face against them!" Hinata spoke up, clearly intrigued.

"(Y/n)-san could easily handle them," Kageyama chimed in confidently.

"Volleyball is a teamsport, no matter how good one member is, it all comes down on how well a team works together." (y/n) stated, always mindful of the importance of teamwork. "Those girls would be difficult to beat, that's for sure."

"They do look really strong..." Hinata sweatdropped, realizing the truth in her words.

"Ooh! They look like models!" Yachi exclaimed, slightly starstruck by the Niiyama High team.

"Not as pretty as (y/n)-san, though, right Ryuu?!" Nishinoya teased, nudging Tanaka.

"Ah!!" Tanaka looked down, before waving at the Niiyama girls. "Hey!"

But to his surprise, the senior girls from Niiyama High started glaring at him.

"Bweh?!" Tanaka exclaimed, clearly taken aback.

"Wait..." Hinata suddenly spoke up, connecting the dots. "Tanaka-san, do you know 'The Queen'...?"

"Wah ha ha ha! You could say that!" Tanaka grinned proudly. "In fact, it's not an overstatement to say that I personally helped train Niiyama's new ace!"

Hinata's eyes widened in awe, but (y/n) couldn't help but feel skeptical. 'Why were they glaring at him if that's the case...?'

"Actually, that's a big overstatement," Sugawara interjected with a deadpan expression.

"Definitely," Daichi agreed, trying to keep the team grounded. "You were just in the same junior sports club as her for a little while. That's it."

The Karasuno team eventually split up, some members opting to practice outside, while others chose to observe the ongoing matches. (Y/n) decided to take a closer look at the teams that might be their potential next opponents, scouting out their playing styles and key players.

Hinata, Kageyama, and (y/n) made their way to the stands, determined to find the best spot to observe both Shiratorizawa and Aoba Johsai's matches. The gymnasium was filled with an incredible amount of supporters for each team, making it a bit challenging to find a good viewing spot.