Chapter 8: Disciples Accepted

After nearly half a year of intense training, Han Li finally stood before Doctor Mo to undergo his evaluation.
Zhang Tie stood nervously beside him, knowing full well that he had made no progress in the cultivation of the technique they had been practicing.
Han Li knew that Zhang Tie had put in just as much effort as he had, even though he lacked Han Li's fervor. But despite his dedication, the technique seemed to have no effect on Zhang Tie whatsoever, suggesting that perhaps it was not suited to him.
Han Li couldn't help but feel unsettled. He knew that Zhang Tie was unlikely to pass the evaluation, and despite his own progress, he still felt inadequate. All his hard work seemed to have only slightly increased the strange energy within him, and he had no idea if it would be enough to satisfy Doctor Mo's expectations.
"Are you both ready? Show me the results of your training," Doctor Mo said coldly, squinting at them from his chair.
"We're ready," Han Li and Zhang Tie replied reluctantly.
Doctor Mo slowly rose from his seat and placed his book on the table. "Hold out your hands."
"Show me your techniques."
Doctor Mo grabbed Zhang Tie's wrist and placed his other hand on Zhang Tie's lower abdomen. After a moment, he withdrew his hands and examined Zhang Tie expressionlessly.
Zhang Tie's face flushed red, unable to meet Doctor Mo's gaze. He knew that Doctor Mo had detected his lack of progress.
"Now, you," Doctor Mo said, turning his attention to Han Li.
Doctor Mo grasped Han Li's wrist and felt the energy within him. Suddenly, the energy within Han Li began to flow on its own accord, surprising Doctor Mo.
"Again, quickly," Doctor Mo urged.
Han Li complied, allowing the energy to flow through him once more.
"Excellent! Just what I was looking for," Doctor Mo exclaimed excitedly. After a thorough examination, he confirmed Han Li's progress.
"You must continue to work hard. From today onwards, you are my direct disciple," Doctor Mo encouraged.
With Doctor Mo's mood noticeably improved, both Han Li and Zhang Tie felt relieved that they had both passed the evaluation.