Chapter 58 Cultivators

"Cough! Speaking of which, I am also a victim."

Yu Zitong opened his mouth, hoping to win Han Li's sympathy, trying to downplay his relationship with Mo Daifu, but seeing Han Li unmoved, he had to continue:

"I was originally a lone cultivator..."

Yu Zitong honestly recounted his background, the whole process of the matter, in detail. Of course, in his narrative, he portrayed himself as a poor victim forced into collusion by Mo Daifu, shifting all the blame to the deceased Mo Daifu.

Han Li naturally wouldn't completely believe what he said, but combining Mo Daifu's previous words, he could deduce about seventy to eighty percent of the truth.

Stripping away possible falsehoods in the other party's words, Han Li gained a rough understanding of the situation.

The stories Mo Daifu had told him before, up until the part where he was ambushed and sought methods to restore his power, should all be true, and there was no need for him to deceive Han Li.

However, the story about finding a miraculous book at a mysterious location, and finding the method to restore his power from it, was a fabricated lie. It was entirely because of Yu Zitong that Mo Daifu was able to recover, but it was also because of Yu Zitong that he was cursed.

It turned out that Yu Zitong was originally a member of a so-called cultivator family. He practiced the Longevity Technique to the seventh level, achieving a certain level of proficiency. However, due to limitations in aptitude, he couldn't advance further, unable to meet the requirements for formal foundation building.

Without foundation building, one couldn't be considered a member of the cultivator community, nor could they formally enter the world of cultivation. So, Yu Zitong had no choice but to come out of seclusion, intending to gain worldly experience, hoping to break through the current bottleneck in mentality.

Of course, if possible, finding some precious medicinal herbs to refine into Ling Pills would be even better. However, he knew that this hope was very slim, but no matter what, it was a matter of luck. Maybe his luck would explode and he would find a loophole!

With this tempting plan in mind, Yu Zitong, in his early twenties, entered the mundane world known to cultivators.

The flashy world outside quickly dazzled Yu Zitong's eyes. His mentality was not stable to begin with, and within a few years, he completely degenerated, becoming a guest of honor in the mansion of a powerful family, enjoying worldly luxury, and his desire for cultivation gradually faded away.

For such a disciple who gave up halfway, their family would naturally remove their name from the family records after a hundred years. From then on, even if they were mundane people, they would not be allowed to have any contact with the family, unless outstanding cultivators appeared among their descendants, allowing them to return to the family.

If this continued, although Yu Zitong's path to cultivation was hopeless, he could still live a long life of wealth and glory. This kind of situation was rare among cultivators before foundation building, but it was not unheard of, and it wasn't a big deal.

But whether it was divine intervention or Yu Zitong's luck, several years later, on a certain day, he accidentally wandered the streets, casually browsing through a pharmacy. In the shop, he unexpectedly discovered a very rare Blood Spirit Grass, which looked very similar to ordinary Red Oil Flowers and was therefore placed together by the ignorant shopkeeper.

Yu Zitong was naturally overjoyed. With this Spirit Grass, he had a great chance to break through the bottleneck, and his desire for cultivation surged again. At that time, he was about to pay for the item.

However, another cultivator entered the shop at this time, also noticed the herb, and of course, was unwilling to let it go. The two immediately quarreled.

Seeing this, the shopkeeper saw an opportunity for profit and decided that whoever offered more silver would get the herb. As Yu Zitong had slightly more money on him, he naturally pocketed the Spirit Grass.

But he wasn't stupid, knowing the other party wouldn't give up easily. He fled his residence overnight and headed back to his family's territory. However, halfway there, he was caught up by the other person, resulting in a fierce battle.

The opponent's cultivation was stronger by more than a bit. Yu Zitong was beaten to the point of spitting blood, but he was unwilling to let go of the Spirit Grass he almost had in his grasp. Gritting his teeth, he activated a life-saving talisman he had brought from the family, using a secret technique to scare off the opponent, and then escaped.

However, he was seriously injured by now. In such a situation, he encountered Mo Daifu, who was also out seeking a remedy.

It seemed that fate had determined Yu Zitong's course. Although he had been walking in the world for a few years, he had no experience dealing with people in the martial world. After recognizing Mo Daifu's physical condition, he blurted out, inadvertently leaking the news of his possession of a remedy.

Now, he had brought himself great trouble. Mo Daifu was currently anxious, searching everywhere for a remedy, and upon hearing that Yu Zitong had a medicine to cure him, how could he not use all means on him and desperately plead?

But the remedy Yu Zitong spoke of, although not as precious as Blood Spirit Grass, consisted of a dozen or so valuable herbs, refined into pills by a cultivator's method, and there were not many left on him. In his current condition of being seriously injured, he treasured them even more. How could he give them away to a mundane person he regarded as insignificant?

Unable to obtain the medicine despite all his pleading, Mo Daifu grew angry and secretly followed Yu Zitong to a deserted place, where he secretly poisoned him.

In theory, ordinary poison shouldn't have affected Yu Zitong, but the kind of secret poison Mo Daifu used was beyond his understanding. It unexpectedly brought Mo Daifu success.

Already heavily injured, Yu Zitong, under the attack of the toxic, was on the verge of death. It was only then that Mo Daifu revealed himself, arrogantly looting Yu Zitong.

Seeing this, Yu Zitong fully understood the cause and effect, and in a fit of anger, without hesitation, he used the "Blood Arrow Yin Soul Curse", turning all his blood into a blood curse, spraying it onto Mo Daifu's head, then abandoning his soul, quietly drifting out of his body.

After his soul left his body, Yu Zitong realized that his considerations were improper, as he hadn't prepared a vessel for his soul in advance. Helplessly, he could only enter Mo Daifu's body temporarily, temporarily avoiding the danger of his soul's demise.

Mo Daifu, splattered with blood, was startled at first, but after finding nothing unusual, he no longer cared.

Relying on his knowledge of elixirs, he identified several pills from the other party's body and happily took them, and sure enough, with the pills, he recovered his power.

Ecstatic, Mo Daifu, with the items looted from the other party and a book of Longevity Technique that he couldn't understand, planned to return to Lan Prefecture to seek revenge and regain his former glory.