Chapter 119: Unexpected News

"I can make an exception and take action once to make the leaders of the two factions disappear, but this is only limited to one of the two factions. Because if both overlords encounter trouble at the same time, it will easily attract the attention of those with ulterior motives, and the risk will increase exponentially, not worth the risk. Besides these two options, I won't make any concessions!" After saying this, Han Li put on a stern face and didn't speak anymore. He coldly waited for the women's response.

Upon hearing Han Li's second choice, Madam Yan and the others couldn't hide their joy on their faces. However, after exchanging glances, they still didn't make an immediate decision.

"Could sir allow us ladies to discuss and give a reply later? After all, this matter is of great importance, and we need to consider it carefully!" Madam Yan said cautiously.

"Of course, I'm not unreasonable. But at the latest, by tomorrow morning, there must be a reply. I'll give you the whole day to discuss." After saying this, Han Li ignored the women and left.

Han Li left the building and didn't return to the room. Instead, to the strange gaze of the guard, he left the Mo Residence confidently. After confirming that no one was following him, Han Li finally returned to the inn where he was staying.

As soon as he stepped into the inn's gate, Sun Er Gou hurriedly approached.

"Is there something you need to tell me? Say it in my room!" Without waiting for Sun Er Gou to speak, Han Li instructed casually.

"Yes, sir!" Sun Er Gou followed Han Li respectfully.

Once inside the room, Han Li sat on the edge of the bed, stretched lazily, and then casually asked, "You seem anxious. Is there something urgent to report to me?"

"Sir, indeed there is a major event that I must report to you." Sun Er Gou took a step closer, looking somewhat mysterious.

"Just spit it out, no need to be mysterious." Han Li glanced sideways at Sun Er Gou.

"Hehe! It's not that I'm pretending to be mysterious, but there really is an extraordinary event happening! I've received reliable information that a large group of immortals will gather near Jiayuan City soon to hold a 'Immortal Convention.' It is said that anyone who can attend this convention can immediately become an immortal and join the ranks of the immortals." Sun Er Gou said excitedly, spitting as he spoke.

"Immortals?" Han Li was slightly stunned.

"Yes, someone has seen them with their own eyes. Those immortals who can fly through the clouds and ride on the mist, and even control thunder and fire! Sir, if it weren't for someone with great fortune, how could immortals be seen so easily?" Sun Er Gou said with some jealousy. From his appearance, he wished he could replace those who had seen the immortals before.

Han Li now understood that the "immortals" Sun Er Gou mentioned were cultivators. However, how could the people in their factions know about the meetings of cultivators? Han Li was somewhat surprised.

"How did you know about this? Are there many people who know this news?" Han Li became interested.

"This information is absolutely reliable. It was heard by one of our brothers in the gang. However, because the gang leader is afraid of offending the immortals, he issued a gag order. Only the high-level members of our 'Si Ping Gang' know about this news. I also heard it from a drunk high-level member. I think a master like sir would be interested in this, so I rushed over and waited until you returned." Sun Er Gou invited himself eagerly.

"Oh! Your hard work won't be forgotten! But first, tell me how those gang members managed to avoid the notice of the immortals and hear this news?" Han Li straightened his face and asked seriously. This was related to the credibility of the information, so Han Li couldn't afford to be careless.

"I heard it from that drunk high-level member. It happened like this..." Sun Er Gou didn't dare to lie and honestly told Han Li the story he had heard.

It turned out that the gang member who got this news was also a small leader of the Si Ping Gang. A few days ago, he went to the western suburbs to do a big deal. However, due to inaccurate intelligence, he was ambushed and almost killed. In a panic, he fled to a nearby forest and hid in a tree hollow to evade his pursuers. However, before the enemy could find him, a huge and bizarre double-headed eagle suddenly descended from the sky. The terrifying appearance of the giant eagle frightened the gang member to death.

In the critical moment of danger, he had a sudden inspiration and used the widely circulated "Turtle Breath Technique" in the martial world to reduce his breath and heartbeat to the extreme, preparing to enter a state of false death to avoid detection by the strange eagle.

Just as he was about to lose consciousness, he heard a conversation between a young man and woman on the eagle's back. It turned out that the giant eagle was carrying people! However, the eagle's body was too large, and he was in a panic at the time, so he didn't notice the people on the eagle's back in time.

In this way, he heard about the "Immortal Convention" in a daze. At that time, he realized that the young man and woman were actually immortals. However, by then, the Turtle Breath Technique had fully taken effect, and he lost consciousness in regret.

When he woke up again, it was early the next morning. The young man and woman and the giant eagle were long gone. So he could only regretfully return to the gang with a heavy heart.

As soon as he returned, he couldn't help but tell his superiors about this matter. However, his superiors, fearing the wrath of the immortals, issued a gag order. Only then did the matter of the gag order happen.

After listening to Sun Er Gou's story, Han Li's expression remained unchanged, but he was excited inside, finding it hard to contain himself.

A gathering of a large number of cultivators! This was truly a rare opportunity. If he could attend, he would truly be able to touch the world of cultivators, rather than stumbling blindly on the path of cultivation as he was doing now.

Suppressing the excitement in his heart, Han Li thought for a moment and then asked calmly, "Did the man hear when and where the 'Immortal Convention' will be held?"