Chapter 127: The Concept of Spiritual Roots

As they walked and conversed, Han Li subtly extracted information about the cultivation world from the young man. He learned quite a bit of common knowledge that cultivators should know.

For example: Cultivators are divided into three major stages based on their realm: the Lower Realm, the Middle Realm, and the Upper Realm. The Lower Realm includes five levels: Qi Condensation, Foundation Establishment, Core Formation, Nascent Soul, and Soul Transformation. The Middle Realm consists of three levels: Core Formation, Soul Fusion, and Mahayana. As for the Upper Realm, there's only the hurdle of Tribulation Crossing left. Once this hurdle is crossed, one can ascend to the Immortal Realm and live as long as the heavens and earth.

However, while it sounds easy, actual cultivation is a distant dream. Not to mention advancing through the three major realms, even reaching the pinnacle of the Lower Realm, the Soul Transformation stage, according to the young man, has never been achieved by anyone in the entire Yue Kingdom. Even lingering at the Nascent Soul stage is rare, with only a few lucky old monsters having such fortune.

According to the young man, a cultivator's lifespan is closely related to their cultivation realm. Each advancement in realm represents a multiple increase in lifespan.

For ordinary mortals, living over a hundred years is rare. Successfully cultivating to Foundation Establishment can extend one's lifespan to over two hundred years, which is quite normal. If someone manages to form a Golden Core, they could live to four or five hundred years, with even the possibility of reaching a thousand years if they miraculously attain the Nascent Soul stage.

Listening to this, Han Li was astonished. While he vaguely guessed that cultivators had longer lifespans than ordinary people, he never imagined it would be to such an extent. It seemed like living for over a thousand years would turn one into a veritable old turtle! However, if Nascent Soul cultivators could live so long, what about those in the Core Formation stage and other realms, even the Upper Realm? Wouldn't they be even more long-lived?

Unable to contain his curiosity any longer, Han Li indirectly broached the subject. The young man nonchalantly replied, "Who knows? Perhaps they live even longer, or maybe they simply become immortal."

"According to legend, if a cultivator truly reaches the Soul Transformation stage and perfects it, they must leave this world and go to another, higher dimension. What this dimension is, and whether anyone has returned from it, nobody knows."

"No one has returned, then how are the realms above Soul Transformation delineated?" Han Li felt a bit vexed, but he restrained himself from asking the young master before him, knowing he probably couldn't explain it either. So, he held back and refrained from asking.

Aside from the classification of cultivator realms, Han Li also gained a rough understanding of the cultivation sects and clans in the Yue Kingdom. While the young man didn't know much about other places, he was quite knowledgeable about the cultivation sects in the Yue Kingdom.

From him, Han Li learned that there were seven major cultivation sects in the Yue Kingdom, including the Concealed Moon Sect, the Yellow Maple Valley, the Spirit Beast Mountain, the Clear Void Sect, the Alchemy Blade Sect, the Heavenly Summit Bastion, and the Giant Sword Sect. Among these, the Concealed Moon Sect was the strongest, followed closely by the Spirit Beast Mountain. The other sects were more or less evenly matched in strength, with no significant disparity.

If these cultivation sects were towering trees supporting the entire cultivation world of the Yue Kingdom, then the cultivation clans were various branches and vines entwined with them, relying on these sects to survive in the cultivation world. According to the young man's mysterious words, almost all the ancestors of long-standing cultivation clans in the Yue Kingdom were disciples of these sects, with their bloodlines continuing through these disciples.