Chapter 9: Elephant Armor Technique

As Han Li reminisced, a faint smile crossed his face. Over the past half year, he and Zhang Tie had naturally become close friends due to their similar temperaments and backgrounds.
Slowly, Han Li unfolded his crossed legs and rubbed his calves. Long hours of meditation had left his legs numb and his circulation sluggish.
After massaging them back to life, Han Li stood up from the mat and brushed off the dust from his body before pushing open the door of the stone chamber.
Glancing back at the training room, Han Li chuckled at himself. The room was entirely carved from sturdy granite walls, with a door made from a single large slab of bluestone. It was impregnable to all but the most determined intruders. Such training chambers were reserved for high-ranking members of the Seven Profound Sect, and even core disciples like Han Li were not usually granted access. Yet, for some reason, Doctor Mo had arranged for Han Li to have exclusive use of this chamber from the moment it was completed, leaving Han Li feeling pleasantly surprised.
Doctor Mo had been exceptionally kind to him, providing him with various medicines and herbal concoctions daily, despite Han Li's ignorance of their names and uses. Witnessing Doctor Mo's dedication to his treatment, Han Li realized the preciousness of these remedies.
Thanks to Doctor Mo's care, Han Li's cultivation had progressed significantly, and he had finally broken through to the first level of the unnamed technique. However, during this breakthrough, a few meridians had nearly ruptured, resulting in minor internal injuries. Fortunately, Doctor Mo's skilled medical treatment and generous use of potent medicines had prevented any lasting damage.
Doctor Mo's concern for his well-being had surprised Han Li, surpassing the typical relationship between master and disciple. Han Li couldn't help but feel a hint of unease, wondering if Doctor Mo had some undisclosed connection to his family.
Exiting the stone chamber, Han Li stretched lazily before making his way to his living quarters. Since becoming an official disciple, Han Li and Zhang Tie had moved out of their shared room and each had their own private cabin.
Passing by Zhang Tie's cabin, Han Li glanced inside. As expected, Zhang Tie was nowhere to be seen, likely training at the waterfall below Crimson Water Peak.
Despite officially becoming Doctor Mo's disciple, Han Li had only been instructed to continue practicing the unnamed technique, with no indication of learning any other martial arts. However, Doctor Mo had been generous in teaching him medical skills, answering all his questions and allowing him access to his extensive collection of medical books.
For Zhang Tie, Doctor Mo had taught him a practical martial art known as the Elephant Armor Technique. This rare martial art was said to be rarely seen in the martial world, with few practitioners having even heard of it, let alone mastered it.
Unlike conventional martial arts, which became increasingly difficult as one progressed, the Elephant Armor Technique consisted of nine levels, with the first three being relatively easy to master. However, from the fourth level onwards, the training became incredibly arduous, often unbearable for many practitioners. Only those who could endure unimaginable pain and torment could advance beyond the fourth level.
Despite the formidable challenges, reaching the seventh level of the Elephant Armor Technique conferred extraordinary resilience, akin to wearing invulnerable armor. Furthermore, practitioners gradually gained the strength of an elephant, becoming capable of subduing wolves and tearing apart tigers.
Doctor Mo had warned Zhang Tie of the dangers and hardships of this technique, but Zhang Tie had eagerly accepted the challenge, driven by the allure of its power. Within a short span of two months, he had reached the pinnacle of the first level.
Recently, under Doctor Mo's guidance, Zhang Tie had been training daily beneath a waterfall on Crimson Water Peak, enduring the tremendous impact of the cascading water to break through to the second level of the Elephant Armor Technique.