Chapter 33: Secret Deal

Han Li grabbed the rope of the wooden bucket and threw it into the pool, then pulled it back.

The bucket was filled with spring water.

Han Li effortlessly lifted the bucket overhead, exerted force with his wrist, and poured the full bucket of clear water from head to toe.

"So refreshing!"
"So comfortable!"

Han Li and another young man exclaimed in unison.

It was no wonder. It was the scorching summer season, and both of them were shirtless. Being greeted by the ice-cold mountain spring water was a relief from the unbearable heat.

"Hehe! Han Junior Brother, you really know how to find a good spot. This secluded little pool, you found it too." The young man, who appeared cold on the outside, suddenly spoke.

"It's nothing. I've found even more difficult places than this. Unfortunately, none of them have water as cool as here." The other young man didn't hesitate to accept all the compliments.

This young man was Han Li, and the other was Lì Fēiyǔ, who came to get medicine.

Since Lì Fēiyǔ first obtained the pain-relieving medicine from Han Li and tried it, he found it very effective. The pain of the Corpse Worm Pill was greatly reduced.

From then on, Lì Fēiyǔ couldn't do without Han Li's medicine. The amount that could last a year was exhausted in just a few months.

Being tortured to the extreme by inhumane pain, Lì Fēiyǔ had to grit his teeth and take the initiative to come to Han Li for medicine.

At this time, Han Li was thinking of strengthening his own strength. When he learned that the other party had entered the Seven Exquisites Hall for study, he directly proposed to exchange for the martial arts secrets of the Seven Exquisites Hall.

Lì Fēiyǔ, who had only a few years left to live, readily agreed to this request, promising to teach him some martial arts from the Seven Exquisites Hall.

To prevent others from discovering their secret, Han Li found some very hidden places in the long and winding Caihua Mountain Range to complete their transactions.

They would secretly meet every once in a while, with Han Li providing the medicine and Lì Fēiyǔ teaching some martial arts from the Seven Exquisites Hall.

Both of them were quite satisfied with this exchange, which had been going on for more than half a year.

During this half year of contact, Lì Fēiyǔ and Han Li found each other quite agreeable. Unknowingly, they had become close friends who could talk about anything.

Lì Fēiyǔ was very satisfied with the places Han Li found, especially this place with a small pool. Surrounded by cliffs and cliffs, there was a small basin in the middle, with the only passage leading here being a hidden mountain cave. The cave was very narrow, requiring one to crawl through, and the exit of the cave was surprisingly in a tree hole on a cliff-hugging old locust tree.

Most importantly, in this hot weather, having such a cool little pool here was extremely enjoyable.

After stretching their muscles and bones, pouring a few buckets of cold water here was truly refreshing.

After pouring the cold water, Han Li looked at the sun and said, "The Snake Charm Technique you taught me last time is too fierce. I feel it's not quite suitable for me. Do you have any more delicate and gentle techniques?"

"Han Junior Brother, do you really think the Seven Exquisites Hall belongs to me alone? Can you learn any martial arts you want? I can only choose a small part to learn. My martial arts tend to be aggressive, so of course I choose the most fierce ones." Lì Fēiyǔ gave Han Li a disdainful glance and replied unkindly.

"Who is Brother Lì? He is the leader among all disciples. How can he be compared to ordinary disciples of the Seven Exquisites Hall?" Han Li smiled awkwardly and quickly said a few flattering words, seeing that he seemed a bit angry.

"It's not easy to be flattered by our genius, Han." Lì Fēiyǔ teased Han Li.

"What genius? Aren't I beaten by you every time in our sparring matches?"

"Humph! That's because I use true qi and use clumsy moves. If I didn't use true qi, I'm afraid you wouldn't have been helpless within a hundred moves."

"Who spars without using true qi? Brother Lì is too modest."

"Modest? I'm not modest at all. You've never learned martial arts before, never fought with anyone. The only thing you've learned is that useless Heart Technique. You've understood the moves so thoroughly in such a short time. If you're not a genius, what are you? By the way, that mantra has no power at all. I wonder why you keep learning it every day?"

Han Li chuckled inwardly, thinking, "Do you think I want to learn it? I'm in a difficult situation now. I have to learn it."

"Han Junior Brother, not to nag, but based on your talent in learning martial arts over the past six months, it's imperative to throw away that broken mantra and learn some real skills from me. I'm sure that within two years, you'll be able to stand out and dominate the Seven Profound Sect with me. Isn't that great?" Lì Fēiyǔ once again earnestly advised him.

Han Li felt somewhat moved. Although the other party had said this many times, making him a little tired of it, he could still feel the sincerity in the other party's heart.

Han Li shook his head gently to refuse and changed the subject.

"In the Seven Exquisites Hall, are there any martial arts that can defeat the enemy without using true qi?" Han Li didn't want to dwell on this old question anymore. Lì Fēiyǔ didn't want to force him either, knowing that both of them probably had some difficult secrets that were hard to talk about.

After thinking for a moment, Lì Fēiyǔ raised his head and said, "There is indeed a strange sword technique that can be used without true qi, but..."

"But what?" Han Li was delighted to hear that there was a martial art suitable for him and hurriedly asked.

"But this sword technique has been in the Seven Exquisites Hall for hundreds of years, and no one has ever succeeded in practicing it. It is said that even the elder who created this sword technique failed to practice it before he died. The name of this sword technique is also strange, called the Blinking Sword Technique. Isn't this name strange?" Lì Fēiyǔ talked about this sword technique, marveling repeatedly.