Chapter 136 Yan Family

"I'll continue with a few others," the Red Lotus Lone Wanderer said decisively.

"Good, good! Brother Han, have you also made up your mind?" The Taoist priest looked very pleased and turned to ask Han Li.

Upon hearing this, Han Li hesitated.

In theory, it should be the best choice for someone like him, a newcomer, to continue with this small group. But for some reason, he felt uneasy about it. He had a feeling that if he did, he would definitely regret it.

"I'll make a decision after the trading event ends! There's no rush!" Han Li smiled and said, deciding to stall for time.

"Huh!" Han Li's words clearly caught the others off guard, leaving Qing Wen and the others somewhat stunned.

"What's there to hesitate about, Brother Han? We independent cultivators need to stick together to avoid being bullied. Moreover, I'm quite interested in Senior Brother's ability to see through my tricks. I'd like to spar with you more in the future!" Wu Ji Zhi seemed a little dissatisfied.

Han Li listened to the youth's words without getting angry, just smiling without saying a word.

"Hehe, Brother Han didn't say he definitely won't travel with us, just that he needs to think about it. It's only natural!" Qing Wen quickly intervened, trying to smooth things over.

"Yes, what Senior Qing Wen said resonates with me. I do have some difficulties that are hard to express, so I need to be cautious!" Han Li seemed genuinely grateful to Qing Wen, showing a thoughtful expression.

"I see, then I guess I was being meddlesome!" The youth suddenly felt like he was being treated as an outsider and became quite displeased.

Qing Wen helplessly smiled and silently apologized to Han Li with a brotherly and tolerant expression.

Han Li naturally didn't take offense.

Now that the matter was resolved, everyone got up and bid farewell before leaving. Han Li also found an empty room on the second floor and rested there.

The next day, except for the monk and Han Li, everyone else left the attic and went to set up their stalls together.

At this time, the monk continued to chant in the hall on the first floor, while Han Li sat in the room, lightly stroking a stack of talisman papers, lost in thought.

"These so-called low-grade talisman papers, with their faint spiritual light, are indeed quite different from ordinary secular talisman papers. It seems that they either have special materials or need to be blessed with certain spells." Han Li thought to himself.

Han Li had intended to practice the "Mind-Stabilizing Technique" he had learned before using these talisman papers. But suddenly he remembered that it seemed impossible to draw a stabilizing talisman with just talisman paper; he also needed a brush and cinnabar. And it seemed like these two items were sold at the stalls of cultivators. Did these items also have to be specially made by cultivators, rather than using ordinary ones?

Thinking of this, Han Li couldn't sit still in the room. He decided to go find the monk. After all, he couldn't hide the fact that he was a novice cultivator, so he might as well ask openly.

"Your thoughts are correct, if you want to successfully draw a spiritual talisman, you not only need special materials for the talisman paper but also need cinnabar mixed with the blood of a demonic beast containing spiritual energy. As for the brush, it depends on the situation!" Master Ku Sang said calmly after hearing Han Li's question.

"Master Ku Sang, what do you mean by 'depends on the situation'?" Han Li sat across from the monk, asking earnestly without any embarrassment.

"The brushes we cultivators use to draw spiritual talismans can be made from the spiritual hairs of demonic beasts or from special charcoal obtained from genius treasures. These can increase the success rate of drawing talismans and the power of the talismans. But if you don't have the conditions, even ordinary brushes from the mundane world will do, although the success rate of drawing talismans will be pitifully low." The monk shook his head lightly, seemingly not approving of Han Li using the last method to make talismans.

"Thank you very much, Master, for your guidance. I'll go out and see if I can get a talisman brush!" Han Li stood up, bowing to the monk.

"Take care, young friend!" The monk closed his eyes again, continuing his meditation.

It seemed that he couldn't go without a trip today! Han Li remembered that both the brush and the cinnabar were not cheap; they probably cost about six or seven low-grade spirit stones. Did he really have to sell the "Flight Talisman" he had just acquired?

Thinking about this, Han Li walked while pondering, and he left from the other end of the square this time, intending to start exploring from there.

Along the way, Han Li's eyes glanced around from time to time, looking at the various materials and talismans on the stalls, as well as some peculiar artifacts, which kept him busy.

Suddenly, Han Li's footsteps stopped in front of a certain stall. He looked at a thin book on the stall, feeling a bit distracted.

The price tag on the front of the book read: "Longevity Technique," a wood attribute basic cultivation technique, valued at two low-grade spirit stones.

"I'll take this book!" Han Li slowly bent down, picked up the book, flipped through it briefly, and then calmly said to the stall owner.