Chapter 67: Fireball Technique

After a while of stillness, Han Li suddenly lifted his right hand, straightening a finger upright, appearing somewhat inexplicable.

But soon, at the half-inch high point of Han Li's raised finger, a slight spatial fluctuation occurred, and a few sparks appeared out of nowhere. As soon as the sparks appeared, they immediately "crackled" and turned into walnut-sized red fireballs in the distorted space. Although the fireball wasn't large, a wave of intense heat accompanied its appearance, spreading throughout the entire room.

Han Li still lay motionless with a book covering his face, appearing as if he were asleep, except for the small fireball continuously emitting a "crackling" sound of high-temperature burning at his fingertip. Compared to his still hand, the small fireball was particularly eye-catching.

As time passed, the fireball maintained its extraordinary vitality, showing no signs of extinguishing. However, Han Li finally showed some different reactions. His hand holding the fireball began to tremble slightly, starting with just his fingers, but as time passed, his wrist, entire arm, and even his whole body gradually began to shake.

Suddenly, Han Li sat up straight from the armchair, his face still red with exertion. His eyes were fixed on the small fireball at his fingertip, and sweat beads appeared on the exposed skin from his forehead to his neck, making him look as if he had just finished some intense exercise, with heat radiating from his body.

After a while, the fireball began to sway amidst Han Li's violent shaking. The flames on it fluctuated between growing larger and smaller, unable to maintain its calmness. Before long, it started to shrink and eventually turned back into sparks, disappearing into the air.

As soon as the fireball disappeared, Han Li collapsed back onto the chair, looking extremely exhausted, as if he had just expended a great deal of energy.

"This Fireball Technique is really difficult to master! I've been studying it for nearly half a year, yet I still haven't completely grasped its essentials. I've only managed to extend the duration of its appearance by a little bit," Han Li muttered to himself, gazing at the ceiling.

It turned out that the final few pages of this Longevity Technique manual contained several basic spells, clearly intended for novice cultivators, which made Han Li feel like he had stumbled upon a treasure trove. He spent several sleepless nights in excitement.

However, he soon realized that despite possessing peak-level sixth-layer Longevity Technique cultivation, he was as clueless as a beggar holding a golden bowl when it came to spellcasting. He didn't understand the basic principles of spellcasting, let alone any actual techniques. Nevertheless, he found several spell incantations suitable for beginners, which greatly excited him.

The last spells recorded on the pages were "Fireball Technique," "Mind-locking Talisman," "Wind-control Decision," "Object Manipulation Technique," and "Heavenly Eye Technique." Each of these incantations was so archaic and obscure that Han Li, despite reading many books, had only a shallow understanding of such matters and couldn't grasp their meanings at once.

With no other choice, Han Li delved into various ancient texts, burying himself in piles of books, tirelessly studying the true meaning behind each incantation, scrutinizing and pondering over every word and phrase repeatedly until he fully understood them without any ambiguity.

He knew that if he made a mistake in casting such powerful spells, it could be far more dangerous than qi deviation. Such a mistake might cost him his life. For his own safety, Han Li was cautious and meticulous, not daring to be careless.

After three months of intensive study, Han Li finally mastered the theoretical aspects of all these incantations, and he began practicing actual spellcasting.

This hands-on learning experience dealt Han Li a significant blow.

He had thought that with his intelligence in learning the "Blinking Sword Technique," learning spellcasting shouldn't be too difficult. But to his surprise, he suddenly became incredibly clumsy in this regard. Even though he understood the principles, he couldn't execute the spells correctly. Either his gestures were wrong, or he mispronounced the incantations, or his mana wasn't sufficient, making him appear dull-witted.

Han Li was at a loss. If it were just a matter of insufficient mana, he could resolve it by consuming a few more spirit pills. However, it was evident that he couldn't grasp the techniques themselves, indicating that his talent in spellcasting wasn't as good as he had imagined. This was Han Li's conclusion after much hard work.

After a long period of hard practice, Han Li finally achieved some success in the "Fireball Technique" and "Heavenly Eye Technique," but he couldn't even touch the threshold of the other three spells, achieving no results whatsoever.

Feeling disheartened, he focused all his energy on mastering the spells he could currently grasp, harboring some hope for them.

Among them, the power of the "Fireball Technique" exceeded Han Li's expectations, far surpassing what he had anticipated.

Although the fireball created by the "Fireball Technique" wasn't large, the terrifying high temperature it contained could almost destroy everything and ignite anything it touched.

Even weapons made of refined steel, when struck by this fireball, would have the parts in contact with it melted into molten iron in the blink of an eye.

After witnessing such terrifying power, Han Li finally understood why cultivators like Yu Zitong looked down on ordinary people with disdain.

Think about it, a cultivator who knows a little bit of spellcasting can easily kill so-called experts and masters in the martial world with spells like the "Fireball Technique." If a more powerful cultivator were to take action, they could sweep through the entire martial world and become invincible.

With such a vast disparity in strength, it was no wonder that cultivators like Yu Zitong looked at ordinary people with contempt