Chapter 28: Mo Returns to the Valley

Originally, Han Li had no intention of preparing the last two types of medicine unrelated to cultivation. However, after careful consideration, he felt that he was somewhat part of the martial world. Who knows if one day he might encounter a disaster or be involved in some conflicts? It's better to be prepared with some detoxifying and healing medicine just in case. After all, it would be unfair to perish due to poisoning or injury without good medicine. After thinking this through, Han Li still prepared a small amount of the last two types of medicine to carry with him, just in case. Despite affecting the quantity of the other two types of elixirs and slowing down the progress of his cultivation, it was inevitable. In life, one always has to make some trade-offs.

On the day the pills were prepared, Han Li began taking them according to the instructions on the recipe. He took one "Yellow Dragon Pill" and one "Golden Marrow Pill" each. These two medicines truly lived up to their legendary reputation. With their astonishing medicinal power, he effortlessly broke through the bottleneck that very night and reached the fourth layer of the technique.

Upon reaching the fourth layer, Han Li immediately experienced a completely different sensation from before. His five senses were elevated to an incredible level. Everything around him suddenly became so bright and clear. Things he couldn't see before became magnified and detailed, even the tiny cobwebs in the corners of the room were clearly visible. His hearing also became extremely sensitive. Countless sounds, both familiar and unfamiliar, filled his ears. Even strange smells that suddenly appeared made him realize that his sense of smell had also changed significantly.

Han Li was both shocked and delighted. This was the first time he felt that the time he spent practicing this technique was not wasted. The unique sensations he experienced indicated that this technique was not worthless but had its own unique aspects. Although the previous layers of cultivation had also improved his senses to some extent, none had changed as dramatically as the fourth layer. It was a qualitative improvement, as if he had completely transformed.

In addition, he felt that his body was much lighter than before, and he had made significant progress mentally. Now, he could probably go without sleep for three to five days without much problem. Han Li savored the completely different sensations in his body. He could understand everything happening within tens of yards without moving, giving him a feeling of being in control of everything, which fascinated him immensely.

Now he understood that reaching the fourth layer of the technique was only the beginning of true progress. He couldn't help but wonder what kind of wonderful experiences he would have when he reached the fifth and sixth layers.

Just as Han Li had just grasped the mysteries of the technique, his nominal master, Doctor Mo, returned to the valley. Not only did he return, but he also brought back a mysterious figure with him.

As soon as Doctor Mo entered the Divine Hand Valley, Han Li heard the familiar coughing from afar. At that time, he was meditating in the stone room, striving to advance to the next level as soon as possible. Sensing Doctor Mo's presence, he quickly stopped his meditation and walked out of the stone room towards the valley entrance to greet his master, whom he hadn't seen for almost a year. As a result, he met Doctor Mo not far from the valley entrance.

When he saw Doctor Mo, Han Li was shocked. The person was still the same, but what caught his eye was a face without any vitality, unlike before. Although he used to look sickly, it wasn't as extreme as it was now, as if he was on the verge of death.

What surprised Han Li even more was the mysterious figure behind him. This person wore a black hood and a loose green robe that covered his entire body, not revealing any skin. He was exceptionally tall and burly, towering over Han Li by two heads. Although Han Li couldn't see his face clearly because of the hood, he could vaguely sense that it must be terrifying and hideous.

Suppressing his questions, Han Li quickly stepped forward to greet Doctor Mo respectfully, then stood aside waiting for Doctor Mo to speak. He knew that Doctor Mo didn't care about whether his disciple showed respect or not, but as a disciple, he had to observe the proper etiquette to avoid giving the impression of being unruly, which would put him at a disadvantage.

Based on Han Li's understanding of Doctor Mo and his usual concern for his cultivation progress, he expected that Doctor Mo would inquire about his progress as soon as they met, to determine how far he had advanced.

Sure enough, when Doctor Mo saw Han Li approaching from the valley, he was slightly taken aback. After coughing a few times, he asked in a weak tone, "How is your cultivation progressing? Have you made any slight improvements?" His face then showed a mix of anxiety and anticipation.

Han Li had already prepared his answer in his mind. "It's still the same as before, not much change," he replied. He had no intention of telling Doctor Mo the truth about his cultivation progress, as he couldn't explain the miraculous leap from the third layer to the fourth layer without external assistance.

Doctor Mo's expression darkened, and his tone became harsher. "Stretch out your hand," he commanded.

Noticing Doctor Mo's expression, Han Li felt a slight unease. However, he wasn't afraid of Doctor Mo examining his internal energy personally. Since reaching the fourth layer, he unexpectedly discovered that he could freely manipulate the peculiar true energy in his body. He could control the intensity of the true energy to deceive Doctor Mo without fear of his personal examination.