Volume Three: Invasion of the Demonic Path Chapter 172 Choice

In the northern part of Jianzhou, on a desolate mountain on the border between Yue Kingdom and Yuanwu Kingdom, stood dozens of men and women dressed in yellow shirts. Their clothes fluttered in the wind, and they varied in age. Some were elderly with white hair and wrinkles, while others were young with rosy lips and a hint of childishness. Yet, they all stood silently in order.

At the forefront was a dignified old man who stood with his hands behind his back, gazing at the sky in a trance. Behind him stood four men and one woman, all with solemn expressions. Among them was the Senior Brother Wang who had introduced Han Li, wearing a serious expression.

Behind the five individuals were two rows of neatly arranged disciples in yellow shirts, each with a different expression. Some looked nervous and restless, some seemed indifferent and looked around casually, while others smiled without saying a word, keeping their composure.

In the corner of the last row stood a young man with a dark complexion and ordinary appearance, his eyes lowered, always looking at his own toes, seemingly very shy.

But no one knew that this seemingly immature guy was harboring a lot of resentment in his heart.

This young man was none other than Han Li, and the group of people in yellow shirts were the disciples of Huangfeng Valley who participated in the "Bloodsoul Trial."

In the end, Han Li still joined this journey of no return, and even after obtaining two Foundation Establishment Pills, this could only be described as a ridiculous and helpless situation.

Over a month ago, Han Li was greatly disappointed after learning the method of taking Foundation Establishment Pills from Wu Feng.

It turned out that after taking the Foundation Establishment Pill, the person undergoing Foundation Establishment must remain in seclusion for three months to completely refine the medicinal power, otherwise, the medicinal power would disperse, greatly reducing its effectiveness. So whether Foundation Establishment could be successful or not would only be known after several months at least.

But waiting for such a long time was extremely unfavorable for Han Li.

According to his original plan after obtaining these two Foundation Establishment Pills, he would take them first to see if he could successfully establish his foundation, and then decide whether to participate in the trial. If he could establish his foundation successfully, he definitely wouldn't go to such a dangerous place as the forbidden land, considering the terrifying one-fourth chance of survival.

If taking the pills didn't work, then the journey to the forbidden land would still be necessary. If one or two Foundation Establishment Pills weren't enough, he would refine three or four more, or even more. He believed that no matter how poor his aptitude was, after taking a sufficient number of Foundation Establishment Pills, he could still enter the Foundation Establishment stage.

But the restriction of three months in seclusion after taking the medicine disrupted Han Li's plan, leaving him in a dilemma where he couldn't have both.

After nearly half a month of deliberation, Han Li felt that with his poor aptitude, even if he took two Foundation Establishment Pills in a row, the hope of successfully establishing his foundation was still very slim, so he couldn't give up on the Bloodsoul Trial.

Actually, Han Li had also considered waiting another five years to participate in the Bloodsoul Trial. By then, even if he hadn't established his foundation, his cultivation base would definitely have reached a high level, which would greatly enhance his ability to protect himself.

But shortly after Han Li came up with this idea, the upper echelons of Huangfeng Valley announced a shocking event that shook the entire cultivation world of Yue Kingdom, dispelling his thoughts.