Chapter 88: Golden Light Shield

Jin Guangshang stood in the middle of the arena with a proud expression, with the members of the Wild Wolf Gang behind him.

Before stepping onto the stage, he had already assured Jia Tianlong that he alone could deal with all the participants from the Seven Profound Sects in the duel. Of course, as the one orchestrating the entire situation, his reward had increased from the initially promised five thousand taels of gold to eight thousand.

The thought of receiving so much gold afterward ignited a fiery passion within Jin Guangshang. He looked disdainfully at the crowd opposite him, eager to eliminate them all.

Han Li wasn't with Li Feiyu but stood on the other side of the crowd.

Li Feiyu and Zhang Xiuer were together, whispering intimate words to each other. Han Li naturally wouldn't be so tactless as to disturb their private moment.

"I really wonder what these lovebirds are thinking? How can they still talk about love in such a life-and-death situation?" Han Li muttered with a hint of bitterness in his mouth.

After coming back to his senses, Han Li, like everyone else, looked strangely at the dwarf across from them.

"The people from the Wild Wolf Gang are all hiding behind, yet they let such a vulgar dwarf take the lead. Isn't that incredible? Could this dwarf possess some extraordinary technique?" Han Li blinked, thinking to himself.

It seemed that Wang, the Sect Master, shared Han Li's thoughts. Instead of letting everyone rush forward, he sent a knife-wielding guardian to confront the dwarf. It seemed he wanted to first ascertain the dwarf's capabilities before making further plans, to avoid unexpected casualties.

Although it was a melee duel, if both sides only sent one person to fight, forming a one-on-one battle was reasonable. This was what Sect Master Wang thought, and it was what he did.

Jin Guangshang saw only one person from the opposing crowd approaching him, and he understood the other party's intentions to some extent.

With a weird laugh, Jin Guangshang emitted a hoarse sound that made everyone feel uncomfortable.

The guardian sent out was a burly man in his thirties, with a fierce expression on his face. The veins on the hand gripping the knife protruded high, indicating he was skilled in close combat. Despite hearing the strange laughter, the guardian remained calm, showing that he had rich experience in combat.

As the burly man approached him, Jin Guangshang stopped his strange laughter. He calmly took out a yellow talisman from his pocket. The talisman was shining with golden characters and patterns, clearly indicating its value.

The dwarf ignored the approaching burly man, holding the talisman in one hand and starting to chant a spell.

Although the guardian from the Seven Profound Sects didn't know what the other party was up to, his extensive combat experience told him it was better not to let the other party complete whatever they were doing. So, without hesitation, he leaped forward, closing the distance between them in a few strides. He swung his steel knife with great force, aiming for a heavy blow.

Just as the blade was about to strike Jin Guangshang, the spell was completed. He suddenly slapped the talisman onto his body, and instantly, a dazzling golden light burst forth from where he struck.

The blinding golden light made it impossible for the burly man to see clearly, but he didn't panic. He still swung his knife fiercely.

"Clang!" The sound of metal clashing echoed throughout the arena.

The burly man felt a burning sensation in his hand, and his weapon almost slipped from his grip. He was surprised. Although he still couldn't see clearly, he knew something was wrong. He swiftly retreated several feet, finally stopping and assuming a defensive stance with his knife.

At this moment, he heard many people inside and outside the arena gasp in astonishment.

Hearing this, the burly man felt even more anxious. He was eager to know what had happened to the other party and why things had become so strange. Fortunately, his vision finally returned to normal, and he quickly looked over.

A few yards away from him, the dwarf stood motionless, but a layer of golden light enveloped his entire body. This golden light acted like a thick armor, protecting the dwarf from harm. It seemed that the earlier strike only hit the golden shield and didn't actually injure the dwarf. This golden light was so sturdy that it seemed as solid as steel, rendering the knife strike ineffective.

Although the guardian had seen a lot, he was still stunned by this unprecedented phenomenon. He gripped his steel knife, feeling bewildered, unsure whether to advance or retreat.

It wasn't just the guardian who was shocked; everyone on Sunset Peak was dumbfounded.

It should be noted that rumors about cultivators were extremely rare in the martial world. Especially in such a remote place, few people knew anything about them. Therefore, most people felt extremely mysterious about such magical phenomena, with a sense of profound and inscrutable mystery.

While Jia Tianlong was secretly pleased and the Seven Profound Sects were in a state of confusion, Han Li, who stood behind the crowd, was more surprised than anyone else.

Han Li was perhaps the only person on the entire mountain peak, aside from the dwarf, who had some understanding of spells. It was clear that the dwarf was using some kind of charm similar to the Mind-Locking Talisman, but it seemed to be even more advanced.

Taking advantage of others' inattention, Han Li silently recited the mouth incantation for the Heavenly Eye Technique, secretly enhancing his own vision with the technique, and then quickly looked towards the dwarf.

Underneath the golden light, Han Li saw some faint white light drifting around the dwarf's body. Compared to the golden light, this white light was extremely faint. If one didn't deliberately look for it, they might not notice it for a while.

This dwarf turned out to be a cultivator with much lower cultivation than Han Li. This discovery left Han Li both delighted and worried.

He was delighted because despite being a beginner, his cultivation was deeper than that of the dwarf, indicating that the dwarf was also a half-hearted cultivator. But he was worried because he didn't know how many spells the dwarf knew or how powerful they were, and he didn't know if he could handle them.