Chapter 65: Han, the Divine Physician

Han Li sat reclined on the grandmaster chair where Master Mo used to sit often, holding a book titled "Longevity Classic" on the cover, but in reality, it contained the oral formulas of the Changchun Technique. He was deeply engrossed, seemingly enjoying every bit of it.

This book had often been held by Master Mo, which had puzzled Han Li before. Now that he had discovered its secret, he realized that Master Mo hadn't given up hope on him cultivating magical powers and hadn't fully believed in Yu Zitong's claims about spiritual roots, silently pondering on his own.

This scroll of secret techniques was discovered by Han Li along with other items in a hidden compartment. It not only included the oral formulas of the first six layers that he had practiced before but also contained two higher-level techniques he had never seen before. This unexpected discovery excited Han Li greatly.

Now that he knew he had been practicing the legendary magical power that could control the weather – magical power, he became even more eager for the higher-level techniques of the Changchun Technique.

After all, who wouldn't want to become an immortal?

It was the time when the sun was shining brightly, and the warm sunlight streamed in through the open skylight, casting a comfortable glow on Han Li. He squinted his eyes against the bright sun and casually used the open book to cover his face, blocking the dazzling sunlight.

Suddenly, everything went dark, and Han Li felt much more comfortable. This made him feel refreshed, and he silently recited the oral formulas of the seventh layer once again.

Recently, he had noticed signs of a breakthrough in his Changchun Technique due to continuous consumption of spiritual medicines. He would soon enter the seventh layer, and learning the techniques of the lower layers earlier would be beneficial for breaking through the bottleneck.

It had been almost half a year since the day Master Mo took over his body.

On the second day after that day, in order to cover up the signs of Master Mo's death, Han Li personally imitated Master Mo's handwriting and wrote a fake letter claiming to return to his hometown to visit relatives, under the pretext of Master Mo. He handed it to the elder who was in charge of patrols in the sect.

The elders didn't seem to doubt it at all because Master Mo had often been absent from the sect due to his collection of medicinal herbs. Although Master Mo was considered a mentor, he had saved the life of the sect leader Wang before, so he was essentially a guest elder, with considerable freedom.

However, the elders were still skeptical about Han Li inheriting all of Master Mo's medical skills, expressing reservations and deciding to test Han Li's real level by letting him treat some junior disciples first.

Han Li didn't care about the doubts of the higher-ups about his medical skills. He had always had an indifferent attitude towards treating anyone. The reason he proposed to take over Master Mo's work was mainly because he was attracted to the remote and quiet environment of the Divine Hand Valley and the large medicinal garden inside.

If he could continue to stay in the valley and control the entire valley by himself, he could openly use the mysterious small bottles to cultivate rare medicinal herbs without worrying about others discovering the secret.

Although the valley was currently only being used by him alone, if Master Mo didn't return for a long time, who knew if those elders would suddenly decide to reclaim it.

Therefore, in order to demonstrate his superb medical skills, Han Li worked extra hard to treat disciples every day, even secretly using a large number of precious medicinal herbs he produced daily. As a result, under his already impressive medical skills and the effects of numerous rare medicines, he achieved miraculous cures for almost all patients, gaining a reputation as a miraculous healer throughout the Seven Profound Sect.

This miraculous healing soon made waves throughout the entire sect, and everyone in the sect knew that a young miraculous healer with extraordinary medical skills had emerged. His medical skills were considered even better than those of Master Mo.

In fact, Han Li's medical skills were far inferior to Master Mo's, but because Master Mo couldn't afford to squander so many rare medicinal herbs, the effects of his treatments were far from comparable to Han Li's.

As a result, when Han Li once again made a severely injured disciple lively and energetic within a few days, the bigwigs above couldn't sit still. Just one day later, they sent someone to invite him.

To Han Li's surprise, the one he met this time was Vice Sect Leader Ma, who had once met him briefly on the Bone Refining Cliff.

Vice Sect Leader Ma had obviously completely forgotten about Han Li, the insignificant registered disciple he had met before. So when he saw him, he explicitly expressed his willingness to let Han Li take over Master Mo's work and enjoy all the benefits that Master Mo originally had. Of course, he couldn't be given the title of mentor yet because Han Li was still too young, only sixteen or seventeen years old. He couldn't make other mentors respect him. However, his monthly salary was paid according to the standard of a mentor.

Finally, Vice Sect Leader Ma also said that if there was anything Han Li was dissatisfied with, he could bring it up in person, and they would deal with it accordingly.