Chapter 112: Secret Letter

"Fourth Sister, I must admit, this Han fellow does have some skill!" Second Mistress Li furrowed her brows slightly and said slowly.

"To be honest, setting aside other factors, his mental fortitude is much stronger than the previous impostor. I remember that young master Wu, after meeting me, was mesmerized by my Fox Charm Technique for a whole day before returning to normal. But this Han only seemed a bit dazed at first, but immediately regained his senses. It shows that his mental strength is extraordinary, not an ordinary person!" Third Mistress hesitated for a moment, sighed, and finally spoke her mind.

With this statement, silence fell among the three women, each lost in thought, seemingly unable to find the right words to say.

After a while, Madame Yan smiled bitterly and finally spoke up. "With this person being so formidable, I wonder if it's a blessing or a curse for our Mo Family?"

"Take out the secret letter, and we'll all understand!" Madame Yan's voice had just fallen when the cold and elegant Fifth Mistress's voice, devoid of any emotion, joined in from outside the room as she walked in.

"I've checked, there are no outsiders within a radius of two hundred meters, and the guards have been doubled!" Fifth Mistress said expressionlessly.

Madame Yan pondered for a moment before finally speaking up.

"You must all remember what my husband said before he left. If he leaves with a letter containing only the obvious message and no secret content, it means he's safe, and we can rest assured. But if the letter contains a hidden message, then there's likely to be some unpleasant news coming our way, and we should prepare ourselves mentally. As for this letter..."

"We've all seen it. The letter indeed indicates that there is a hidden message. Whether it brings good news or bad news, we'll have to face it sooner or later. Let's take out the real message and see." Third Mistress's voice was no longer flirtatious but filled with pain.

"All right! Since everyone is prepared, let's reveal the hidden message!" Madame Yan decisively said.

She no longer hesitated, picked up a teacup from the nearby table, poured half a cup of cold water into it, and then twisted her dragon-shaped ring a few times, splitting the ring in half to reveal the white powder hidden inside.

Madame Yan carefully poured the powder into the teacup, then looked at the others.

Second Mistress Li was the first to stand up under Madame Yan's gaze.

She elegantly walked to the table and, with a slight raise of her hand, revealed a similar ring on her white fingers.

Li extracted a considerable amount of red powder from the ring and poured it into the teacup. However, the color of her powder was different from Madame Yan's.

Following suit, Third Mistress and Fifth Mistress each made the same move. They also had a dragon-shaped ring, and the powders hidden inside were yellow and black, respectively.

After everyone had done what they were supposed to do, Madame Yan picked up the teacup and gently shook it. As a result, the originally colorful liquid in the cup gradually became clear and transparent as it was gently stirred.

"All right, the revealing solution is ready. Second Sister, you are the most skilled. It's better for you to apply the solution to the letter!" Madame Yan modestly said to Second Mistress.

Li listened to Madame Yan's words, smiled slightly, and did not refuse. She took the cup of solution and the letter, and started her work.

For the next period of time, except for Li applying the solution to the letter, everyone else remained silent, making the atmosphere in the room even more tense.

"It's done. I've coated all the letter paper. Now it's Fifth Sister's turn to help. Use your inner energy to dry it a bit!" Li straightened up, wiped the sweat from her forehead, and smiled at Fifth Mistress.

The cold and elegant woman nodded, quickly took the wet letter, and then extended her other hand, slightly exerting her inner energy to make her palm emit a faint heat. She then placed the letter on her palm about two or three inches above it and stopped moving. She began to slowly dry it.

In no time, the letter was completely dry, and the black ink on the letter had disappeared, revealing some faint red characters. This was the secret message that Doctor Mo had painstakingly prepared for Han Li to deliver to his wife and daughters—a hidden message.

Han Li was unaware of everything that had happened in the room after he left. At this moment, he was feeling a headache for the little demon in front of him!

Miss Mo actually shamelessly demanded a gift from him on the way. So-called seniority gift!

"What kind of gift do you want, Junior Sister?" Han Li, helpless, had to pinch his nose and prepare to satisfy her request.

"Anything will do, whether it's jewelry, something fun, or interesting. I'm not very picky! If you can't think of anything, just give me seven or eight thousand taels of silver. That'll do, too!" Mo Caihuan blinked her black eyes innocently and said.

"Seven or eight thousand taels of silver?" Han Li was nearly floored. "This little demon really has a lion's mouth. She's not afraid of asking for too much!"

"Even if I count all the silver on my body, I don't have that much. And even if I did, I wouldn't be able to give it to her. She really thinks of herself as a big fool!" Han Li thought to himself, though his expression remained unchanged. But there was a hint of meaning in his eyes as he looked at the girl.

Mo Caihuan was clever and immediately noticed some of Han Li's thoughts.

She pouted her small mouth and deliberately exclaimed, "Senior Brother Han, are you really not going to give any gifts to your cute junior sister when you first meet? You know, that young master Wu who came two years ago gave me over ten thousand taels of silver as pocket money as soon as he met me!"

Han Li heard this and felt angry! That Wu fellow is just taking advantage of your family's wealth and beauty! I didn't even have such thoughts, and now I'm being targeted by your father's treacherous scheme. I could lose my life at any moment!

Han Li, angry, pretended to look up at the sky and didn't say a word. He wanted to see how this little demon would take advantage of him!

The little demon, Mo Caihuan, seeing Han Li's rustic appearance and pretending to be ignorant, became somewhat anxious!

Ever since she had swindled a large sum of private money from the impostor a year ago, she had been dreaming every night of another opportunity like this to knock over another cash cow.

Now that she finally had the chance, this rustic-looking fellow, who seemed to be the real disciple of her father, refused to budge, and his face was thicker than a city wall. How could he ignore such a lovely girl like herself, who was shedding crocodile tears? It was truly maddening!

Since a year ago, when she had swindled a large sum of money from the impostor, she had been dreaming every night of another chance to take advantage of a situation like this.

Now that she finally had the opportunity, this rustic-looking fellow, who seemed to be her father's genuine disciple, refused to budge, and his face was thicker than a city wall. How could he ignore such a lovely girl like herself, who was shedding crocodile tears? It was truly infuriating!